Engine block shredder!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
saw this on another forum the other day... It would appear that the blocks (4 & 6 cylinder) are all alloy and from the same plant.. Maybe rejects?

Still - awesome power at work there...

Ron Earp

Admin
Wow. Never knew such a thing existed. Probably invented for all those bow tie motors so that something useful could be made from them.

Wow. Never knew such a thing existed. Probably invented for all those bow tie motors so that something useful could be made from them.
I realize that your kidding. I just replaced the oil pump in my LS7 with a LS9 pump. It runs a higher volume a the same pressure. After working on my aluminum 427 SO, the LS7 is an engineering marvel. Can't wait to fire it up for the 1st time.

Al,

I did the same on mine. Should be picking up the completed engine tomorrow. I had to wait to get the correct pilot bearing for the Ricardo/LS7 combo. I'll get some photos and post on my build.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Those all look like BMW straight 6 cylinder engines to me. Maybe some Mercedes V6's. Still, pretty badass. Hate to fall into that thing! LOL

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
You could put your eye out with that thing. Looks like a great way to recapture material from castings that fail QC.

Back