ERA or hold out for Superformance?

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Re: Oliver twist Comedy hour

I was a math and physics major...not spelling..besides i type fast and to lazy to go back and correct spelling errors..i have assistants for the small stuff at my company. in a forum, i don't care. ..in regards to your info regarding the ZF..thanks! also...! the comments and the name calling were not started by me..i merly made a statment and people flew off the handle because they didnt' comprehend what the statment meant..This includes your comment regarding my background and spelling. spelling does not determine intelligence ie. "Einstein" was poor in grammer and spelling. i suppose he was not intelligent according to you flipped statment. your another person
who make comments without thought. It's OK.. if you throw a stone at me,... I will throw a brick back!!! Cheers!!!

regards

oliver/oliver350/john

John Bobowski,

I have misjudged you and I am sorry.

As an uninformed observer I mistakenly assumed that your usernames changed to hide something and also thought that John Bobowski was a made-up name because I have never heard such a name before. For this I am sorry.

I am also sorry for making you feel as though I have judged your intelligence based on spelling, grammar and foul language.

I hope your day gets better.

[ QUOTE ]
John,

I to have trouble with spelling. Ron found the Google tool bar which has spell check on it . It's a free download and only takes minuets.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...therrrre's your sign... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Thanks guys!!! I really don't have a problem with spelling...I'm just lazy. In regards to judging intelligence,...apollogy accepted!

Regards

John..

SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BAAAAACK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have been following this post and my thoughts have been "at last a thread with some passion and pride in ownership".
As someone who was asking these questions for a few months this is the first I have seen anyone of you preform a true debate on the merrits of these many fine choices. It has been great to read! Lets do transmissions next.......(That should keep things going)!
Steve

PS Oliver, there is a difference in sharing info, opions and advice about something one is passionate even if it includes a metaphor about a drink from Mexico, and just comming off like a putz. IMHO

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

I've had a lot of employees over the years and most of them were terrible spellers.This left me in a difficult position because a written report full of spelling mistakes, (in my opinion) may reflect(to the customer) the quality of the individuals carrying out the repairs.Because of this I wrote the reports myself, which added to 'my' workload.Nowdays I only have to write my own reports and that gives me time to enjoy my GT40.I can understand some may not think it important to spell correctly on a forum but I for one don't agree.I'm off to work on the breaks,after that I'll have a brake and sea if there are any juicy discussions on the forum.LOL Now I wonder if the spell check will pick those mistakes up?Good on you guys for letting off steam and returning to normal
Ross

John B

Temp Selling Pass

You guys need to get out into the garage more! Ross!...thanks for you silly imput! Thats great that you let everybody know that you did a good job in english class but failed in people managment. I hire employees to the work for which I hire them to do. If I have to do their work, because I failed
to hire good help, I fire them. I have a saying I would like to share. " I get as much done by doing as little as possible" this is the trade mark of a good manager. Sure!..somtimes you have to pick up after some employees once and a while. However, I Certainly would not do there job. So now I can add you to the list of threads of silly comments before we write. basiclly you let everybody now that you stink as a manager! I would not even hire you!

Regard

John

Ross, at this time I have 95 employees, for a third of them english is their second languae and I think all spell better than me. This is what I got for chasing girls in school and not paying attention in english 101.

When one is writing a letter, correct spelling, punctuation, grammer and sentence composure (IMHO) always adds to the point trying to be made.
When I read a poorly written piece I usually think "that poor dumbass didn't pay anymore attention than I did in school" but I fear many just think the "dumbass" part.

For this reason I always carry a pocket spell check. It helps but it's not perfect.
Steve

(PS I looked up five words while writting this and I am sure I missed a few). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin

Go here:

http://www.google.com/downloads/

Get their toolbar - blocks pop ups and includes a spell checker. I went to school and paid attention, then went on to earn additional college and graduate degrees. I do well in mathematics and physics, or anything where you "figure stuff out". But I was always poor with rote memory topics and for me the spelling of more difficult words falls into that category. Don't know why, just can't sound them out well. Thus, the Google Toolbar Spellchecker - don't post with out it!

I used to think spelling wasn't important. I learned otherwise, nothing says "I don't care" more than sending a letter with poor grammar and mis-spelled words. But, I don't apply this critera for web forums or email all the time since I'll quickly post things or shoot out an email like anyone just to get it done. Still, I am trying to improve!

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I'm going to keep on writing in the same manner...and not going to change. If i mispell words..So what! i thought this was a forum about cars! Besides...i never like teachers and teachers never like me because i was smarter. Soooo mr. Earp...thanks but no thanks for the google spell check.
regards

john

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter

Ron, some people you just can't help, no matter how hard you try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to keep on writing in the same manner...and not going to change. If i mispell words..So what! i thought this was a forum about cars! Besides...i never like teachers and teachers never like me because i was smarter. Soooo mr. Earp...thanks but no thanks for the google spell check.
regards

john

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, oil be a m unkees oncle. vis fred as degenewated indo a slackin mach witch as got apsolootly nuffink wotevver to do wiv der motos like.

Nah, stop yore stooped bitchin’ and talk proper abaht der motors or goe to colidge and lern sum maners. Wile yor ther, praps yoo cood also lern sum spellin’.

Luv, 40

Back