Eric's SLC Project Code Name "Grifter"

I like!! That fin is far larger than I thought. What's at the top of the fin? Looks like a sensor.

Yea I think it's a tiny LED, but I won't be using it. *shrug*

So I took the car out to shake it down a little bit and work out some of the 'brand new car build' kinks.

I was LITERALLY mobbed by about 10 people when I drove up to the local parts store (those guys and I have a history, not all of it good) to show it off to them.

lrg-2169-11415506_10155597399865702_8684373179011223689_o.jpg

The second I pulled into the driveway I was again mobbed but this time by the neighborhood kids.

at least I'm neighborhood famous and not known as the "creepy dude" down the street LOL

lrg-2168-11289637_10155597399835702_986761286104280827_o.jpg

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I was LITERALLY mobbed by about 10 people when I drove up to the local parts store (those guys and I have a history, not all of it good) to show it off to them.

lrg-2169-11415506_10155597399865702_8684373179011223689_o.jpg

The second I pulled into the driveway I was again mobbed but this time by the neighborhood kids.

lrg-2168-11289637_10155597399835702_986761286104280827_o.jpg

Eric - Hugo is my old stomping grounds! I still periodically buy parts from that shop but haven't used them for service in some time - I would imagine they were somewhat shocked to see what you drove in! Seeing the houses in your pics are you anywhere near 159th Street? I lived on 159th until the tornado hit in 2008.

The car looks good - keep up the good work!
Dave L

Eric, that thing looks sick. I'm in Duluth, I'd love to come and check this out, my plan is to order one by august. great work

Eric - Hugo is my old stomping grounds! I still periodically buy parts from that shop but haven't used them for service in some time - I would imagine they were somewhat shocked to see what you drove in! Seeing the houses in your pics are you anywhere near 159th Street? I lived on 159th until the tornado hit in 2008.

The car looks good - keep up the good work!
Dave L

I'm about a 1/2 mile in off 61, straight shot east of this parts store :)

Eric, that thing looks sick. I'm in Duluth, I'd love to come and check this out, my plan is to order one by august. great work

Sure, come on down. Let me know when you're in town. :)

and of course... Hot girls in a hot cars... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5icd8zKPS4

Are the wing struts from RCR suppose to be bent like Yos's car? My are straight like Eric's. It's going to be pretty hard to bent them without a heavy duty metal brake!

Are the wing struts from RCR suppose to be bent like Yos's car? My are straight like Eric's. It's going to be pretty hard to bent them without a heavy duty metal brake!

That might be one of the updates that the car has gone through. Not sure, only Fran can answer that. Making the brace was easy enough, 1/2" grade 8 bolt with 3/4" thick walled tubing was probably overkill but it fit and the 1/2 bolt was the right size without any slop, so.... whatever.

I did manage to give myself yet another deadline so I gotta get rockin' and rollin' here.

I signed up for the local AutoX scene June 28th. So far, I'm the only one signed up for E-mod class and its the only class I could sign up for that didn't have me running "X" class. Lame. I'm not a "novice" anymore, but that would have been fun, eh? LOL

I'm also doing a "media day" for the Summer Street Nationals July 16th, so if any of you folks are local to MN, they will be using my car to "scare the pee" out of some reporters :D I've also heard that some of the powerTV crew will be there, but that's just a rumor at this point.

I've taken it on some long rides to work out the kinks of a brand new build. Threw an AC belt, that sucked. Probably didn't have it tight enough but it wrapped itself around the crank pulley and made an awful racket. I've got a new one on order.

Chasing down a stupid intermittent fuel leak that is frustrating me to no F)#&% end. Tightening doesn't work. Untightening does seem to stop it... until I drive it... then it drips... slowly.... Annoyingly... I'm going to wait until the tank is low or almost empty to put some pipe sealing tape on it to see if that does the trick. Of course, my dumbass had to fill it with 15 gallons to find this out, but son of a diddly. Just means I'll have to drive it on some more "spirited" long rides hehehehe

Other than that, I got some pipe wrap for the side pipes and aluminum plate to make some heat/sound barriers between the side frame and the body just below the doors. That should help.

Then it's off to get the AC charged.

FWIW, it's damn nice to have the lexan windshield. I can unbolt it and remove it to get at stuff on the dash... It's quite nice, I can't lie.

Anyways, I got a deadline for 2 weeks to be race worthy. I'm running unopposed, so we'll see how I do.

:D

~Eric

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I took it for a long drive recently.... Some dude in a lifted truck pulls up and mouths the words "WHAT THE FUCK?" I had a good chuckle about that.

First gear is fun but kinda pointless. Second gear is where its at, hot damn. The only time I was able to get it to break loose was when I was taking a hard 90 and mashed it at the middle of the corner, even then it came back pretty quick. Friggin warp drive kicks in and biggity bam! You're off like a rocket.

The car feels like nothing I've ever driven. It's middle heavy (no shit, right?) but not back heavy like a 911 and not god-awful nose heavy like my '68 Pro-touring Camaro. It's like there's a shaft through the middle of the car and it just rotates. That'll take some getting used it.

My fat ass 6'1" 200lbs carcass fits with a helmet, but I have to be slunk down in the seat. Should make for some interesting runs LOL.

Last edited:

There were two versions. The straight ones are the current ones.

Some early FG wings were made with wider mounting points, and so needed the wider (bent) mounts. Later, to consolidate the part numbers, all wings were made with a narrower mounting point, and the straight mount became the standard. Since there is now one mounting method, and one dimension for wing mountings, it also makes it easier to change from a FG to a CF wing and back if needed. But the main reason was to consolidate the number of mounts needed for the car.

Back