F1 2008

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Does anyone know what the weather forecast is for Monza tomorrow?

If it is sunny and dry we will see LH and KR one -two.

13.27:
Ferrari made an official comunication to the Lord cause its unfair not to have sun and perfect weather in home gp.
Vettel will be disqualified and sent immediately to hell, and both Kimi and Felipe will start from the first row.
Seemes they will also leave complately free the second row to be sure the start will be without problems.
If Ferrari engines will explode the race will restart.
Toro Rosso will not mount any longer any italian bolt in their car,from tomorrow only 1990's Fiat parts.

No idea at the moment for any other physical punishment to LH and mclaren mercedes team....stay tuned...

nnah Malc,Ferrari is even my favourite (sono italiano..u know).
Being a car lover as u all here inside..I cant be not objective about weird decisions taken by non pilots sitted at the table.
I still dunno why they dont use REAL pilots..to judge other pilots...really wonder.

but...but... YEAAHHH ..too happy for Sebastian Vettel winning:D:D really!!
Loved his race..he talked also italian being thanksful to Toro Rosso guys (it was ex-Minardi...they NEVER win anything in 20 years..ahahah,just a 21yrs old kid with an old Ferrari engine in the back! grandeeeeee :D).
Mithical!: Win in Monza at 21,driving the worst car, and beating all the great ones!
Will be cool to see Schumacher becoming his manager.
Btw, LH is surely the best driver there...it is also the most uncorrect one, as usual....probably cause still too unexpert.

Bellissima gara!,it is so hard to make a nice one in Monza, where usually u see just blowing engines (or flying prototypes..)

Last edited:
Vettel... well what can you say, fantastic!!
He drove really well during Qualifiying and showed it wasn't a fluke.... i think this guy's got a great future in F1.... not sure how much he's looking forward to the move to the sister team though, given how much performance he got out of the Ferrari engine!!

LH drove very well... that was a hell of a comeback, and if it had rained he would've been even better... that last pit stop did kind of kill his chances, but hey.

I'm really pleased Vettel and The Toro Rosso team won this race, a well deserved victory.

As a french man, I have to say that Vettel made a fantastic race, everything was perfect !!!

I also have to say, that the other sebastien, if he didn't have a start problem (which he is not responsible), he would have finished not very far from the head of the race.
as he finished with the 2nd best laps, just behind Raiko.....

that's a pity....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
nnah Malc,Ferrari is even my favourite (sono italiano..u know).
Being a car lover as u all here inside..I cant be not objective about weird decisions taken by non pilots sitted at the table.
I still dunno why they dont use REAL pilots..to judge other pilots...really wonder.
quote]

That question was bought up on ITV last night and it seems that when asked about the Hamilton incident most drivers answered in Political correct terms that suited the team outlook. (surprise Surprise) So maybe Lewis would not have benefited by having a driver on the jury.
I bet Webber would give him the thumbs down after being boofed onto the grass by him.

Fantastic race, unlike Scotch to make it better just add water.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what the "authorities" would have made of the French GP 79 Villeneuve/Arnoux battle that is often touted as one of the best battles in F1 ever.

How much more boring can they make this thing?

I'm not really a Hamilton fan (definitely a brilliant driver but I think he's starting to believe his own press a bit too much) but this situation is a joke.

Tim.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tim+1.

Interesting the penalty was "not susceptible to appeal". In other words some over zealous official can ruin your World Championship hopes and you cannot do anything about it.
Total Bullsh*t

I knew this would happen.... it was fairly obvious, they'd given a drive through penalty... the punishment changed because of when it happened.

The only good thing to come out of it is that there is now a more defined rule about this sort of thing, just crappy that it had to take something like this for the FIA to sort the rulling out.

McLaren did check with the officials at the race (including Charlie Whiting apparently) that the move was OK and they said it was. What more can a team do? IMHO F1 is currently being masterminded by people who have no interest in the sport but only with the money they can make out of it. If only someone that has the sport as their paramount interest could take over. BTW I feel the same way about the UK government, but in their case it should be the needs and wishes of the electorate.

Chris

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I think that everybody here is a bit confused.
F1 is NOT a sport, never has been, never will be.
I stood behind the garages in Silvertone talking with one Ken Tyrell a few years back.
He explained that one the left side of us were the teams with copious amounts of money and who pay people to drive for them. On our right side were the teams
who just existed and the drivers had to pay for each race. Only the teams on the left side ever scored serious points in both of the championships and made serious money in each race - everyone else was just there to make up the numbers.
This championship has to stay alive until St. Paolo and they will do everything they can to make sure it does.

Sport? What a load of bollocks.

Couldn't agree more David.
I feel i should boycott watching the GP's but I can't seem to let that happen. For all the politics, I still admire the speed and car control these guys have regardless of the result.
The whole circus is a joke though. It seems that every year the championship HAS to go to the wire. Usually when you look back at the season, there are some dodgy results and decisions that make it like that.
Dissillusioned.. YES.

Martin

I agree with David's statement, and have been aware of this for far too many years.
I am not disillusioned, but rather disappointed.

Back