F1 in 2011

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Vetted will keep his 2011 season car (same as last year) as a present from Mateshitz.
Mikka Hakkinen has decided against returning to F1 in a Williams.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Eric (Boullier) of Renault and speaking of Petrov says there are exit clauses in any contract. Petrov thinks his 2012 seat is secure. Глупый мальчик

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Will it rain in Singapore? Nearly always at about 1530 pm.
Will there be a safety car period ? Almost definitely
How many safety car periods? Answer on a postcard.

It has been damp all week here. Massive downpour a day or two ago. Stormy last night again...

Singaporeans are saying "we" are getting it out of our system so the race will be dry.

Interesting pics......

Attachments

• rbr7%2520monza%25204.jpg
    rbr7%2520monza%25204.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 234
  • rbr7%2520monza%25202.jpg
    rbr7%2520monza%25202.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 248

Malcolm

Supporter
If that is the red bull, then these are the pictures they referred to in qualy commentary that Adrian Newey has gone ballistic over!

Keith

That is Webbers car, but I can't see anything particularly radical except perhaps a dual layer diffuser tunnel....

Perhaps that's it? The exhaust exit?

They have spent a long time concealing their rear end from prying eyes, and there it is.

I am not surprised that Newey was cross though, but I'm quite sure the Italians thought it was fair game.

You would probably need to be an "Adrian" just to understand what the hell you were looking at. If you are not in the profession then I doubt you would now why he is pissed off. Can anybody explain the nuances of the picture? I can't.

Keith

You're right of course, It's no good to anyone who doesn't understand the aero and it's probably no good for 1/2 the designers in F1 either!

What is needed is to look at other cars as well.. :)

But, these features I find interesting after a close look under a magnifying glass...

RB-1.jpg

Keith

Hamilton left the track without completing his media duties after a row with Ferrari’s Felipe Massa in the post-race media pen, which was captured on Dutch television and replayed on the BBC’s post-race coverage.

No one from XIX Entertainment was present in Singapore and Hamilton Snr said that Formula One drivers need someone “personally involved” in their lives who they can turn to for advice in such situations.

“You look up and down the pit lane and every driver, except for Lewis, has a driver-manager in his life, not people from a company,” he said.

“I am sure his management are very good – I don’t know – but Formula One drivers need people personally involved in the driver’s lives because it is a big pressure.

“They have got to be here and I don’t think you can do the job by sending someone else. I don’t know any other driver-manager who sends someone else to do the job.

Hamilton and Massa had earlier been involved in a collision while vying for fifth place, for which Hamilton was awarded a drive-through penalty.
Afterwards a furious Massa, who suffered a puncture as a result of the collision and finished ninth, grabbed Hamilton by the shoulder and, giving a sarcastic thumbs-up, said: “Good job, man, well done”.
Hamilton, who recovered from the penalty to finish fifth, spun around and appeared to snap back: “Don’t touch me, man.”
The pair, who scrapped so memorably for the 2008 drivers' championship in which Hamilton prevailed by a solitary point, have been involved in a series of scuffles this year.
After a collision in Monaco, for which Hamilton was also handed a drive-through penalty, the McLaren driver appeared to label the Brazilian’s driving “frickin ridiculous” while Massa called for the McLaren driver to be punished more severely.
In qualifying on Saturday the pair again clashed both on and off the track, with Hamilton accusing the Brazilian of "blocking" and Massa responding by saying the Briton was “not using his mind”. It was a theme to which Massa returned last night. “"He destroyed my race,” he said.
“Yesterday he tried to be Superman in qualifying and today he tried to do the same. He could have caused a big accident.
How many races this year has he gone in the wrong direction? He never learns.
"I tried to speak to him, but he didn't listen to me. I called him twice, but he didn't listen, he passed through. He didn't even look at me. Maybe his father can do something about it."
Asked if further disciplinary action should be taken against him, Massa added: "It is up to the FIA. You can't say they made a mistake (here) because they penalised him. But he is paying so much for his driving."
Anthony Hamilton agreed that his son was at fault for the incident but appeared more concerned by the fact that, for the second time this season, Lewis did not have his manager present. No one from XIX
Entertainment, Simon Fuller’s company which also has David Beckham and Andy Murray on its books, was present in Monaco either.
“Unfortunately, the issue in the race was an ‘aggressive Lewis’ issue,” Hamilton Snr said. “It was a misjudgement. What can you say? I have seen Lewis and he is fine. He will be back.”
Earlier this year, Sir Stirling Moss suggested that Hamilton should re-engage his father as his manager. The pair split in acrimonious fashion prior to the 2010 season.

Quoted from Telegraph

The 'Incident' was apparently captured on Dutch TV so as we have many friends there perhaps they could comment?

Ah reading it again it was played on BBC too.. :)

Last edited:
Back