F1 is boring me to death!!!!

D

DavidTC

Re: F1 is not at all boring.!

David
Excellent 1/2 for Renault. I see their complaint about the Ferrari wing has moved from the back to the front !. Doubt it will come to anything. We will get a better indication of competitiveness at th next race. Not sure why Renault could not tell they had inadvertantly put fuel twice into Fernando's car. Straight forward to avoid I would have thought. Any sackings in the offing amongst the Renault pit crew ?.
Regards
David
PS Just off to hopefully see the Toon put one over on Liverpool; a pity we don't have Michael Owen fit !.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Yes - a pity really - Michael Owen is firstly a really nice guy and secondly one of the most talented footballers in recent years.
Ferrari cannot use those wings (Front and Rear)again in Melbourne or any subsequent races.
Refuelling in Q uses a totally different rig than the heavy french kit you see in the race. No doubt there will be some
inquiries but from where I sit, Renault are definitely not the sort of team to exact disciplinaries, if there were any attributable anyway. I doubt the team will never take it for granted again based on what was displayed on the Q refuelling rig.. Big Ron and his sidekick Whippy might have though.
David M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Ferrari have acknowledged and agreed to scrap their 'flexible' rear wing before the Gp in Melbourne
after the FIA told them to comply.

The FIA's hand was forced after receiving protestsfrom 8 other teams.
Ferrari have now acknowledged that they had misinterpreted the regulations governing the cars' wings.

Still haven't seen any overtaking (just backmarkers). That's not racing.

So after using the wings for 2 races will Ferarri be banned for a few races and have their points deducted? (Like BAR last year).

Also have the malaysian marshalls blue flags in their kit or has this rule changed (3 flags and you get a drive through).

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Wishful thinking Dave.
Stranger things have happened but as Ecclestone (the very small guy in the glasses with the incredibly tall wife) is thinking about buying shares in Ferarri (30%?) who knows?
As far as I can find out, nothing has changed on flags.
Dave M

D

DavidTC

Not sure its that clear cut. FIA apparently approved the Ferrari rear wing after subjecting it to tests post Bahrein. The focus then turned to the front wing, where the FIA test regime is a little more open to interpretation. Apparently two of the protesting teams are using ( presumably copied) design (plagiarism is rife in the F1 lane). AS in other things F1 I would urge no rush to judgement; lets wait and see.
The advantage of the new front wings ala Ferrari is they do look as if they cope with 'dirty' air quite well, so overtaking taking advantage of a 'tow' becomes a possibility again. I for one am greatly in favour of this. Maybe FIA will even say its a good idea if all the teams use this rather than banning the design !.
David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Gerard,
I unserstand you comment but if it's not racing what is it? In my mind, I never confuse it with anything sporting because it's not. It is racing but it's "Whatever floats your boat".
For continual interest and overtaking I prefer to watch sports car and motorcycle racing.
Sebring (yesterday) was fantastic. The speed of the LMP1 cars was breathtaking. Indeed they all were.
regards
Dave M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

One source says Ferrari have now conceded that they had misinterpreted the regulations governing the cars' wings and had assured their rivals that they would use modified wings at the next race, the Australian GP.
In return, the eight teams have agreed not to protest the outcome of today's Malaysian GP, which they had threatened to do prior to Ferrari's compliance and the FIA have also committed to do a thorough check on whatever wing the Italian outfit brings to Melbourne in two week's time.
Strange that Scudtorro and Red Bull were not amongst the eight !!
David - How did the match go?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Oh. I should not have asked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I just saw it on the TV news.
Always the next time.....

D

DavidTC

Ummh
Lets wait and see.
'Concerns about Ferrari's wing flexing were started by Renault's Pat Symonds, but now he has fallen silent. Apparently there is also speculation about certain elements of the Renault car's aerodynamics moving. Well, well, who's cheating now? '
PS provenance of the info ?.
David

D

DavidTC

That's all I have been saying !.
David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

I say again, Pat Symonds tactics won the last two races.
The other two teams that have been told to sort their wings out before Melbourne are McLaren and BMW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif
As yet, Renault are unaffecetd by any directives from Charlie Whiting of the FIA.
If I hear anything to the contrary, I'll post it here but
Enstone's wings have been and are acccepteable to the FIA though I imagine they will have a different wing with, possibly, new aero developments for Autralia.
Dave M

D

DavidTC

David
Just for clarity the quote above was taken from one of the Formula 1 websites, and illustrates the degree of mistrust around, when there are early rushes to judgement. These websites are also on balance saying the rear wing is OK on the Ferrari; the front wing situation is still to be clarified. If Michael had kept up his pace during the fuel burning final qualifying and managed to claim the full fuel tariff the Bahrain result would have seen him win the race. Lets also wait for the races to return to 'cooler' latitudes where the Bridgestones should have advantages.Lets also not forget where the 'whingeing' originated from !.
David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

The FIA have just published the fuel figures that cars in the last session (Q3) can add to the remaining fuel that was left in the car at the end of Q3.
Driver Laps Fuel (kg)
Jenson Button 14 laps 41
Giancarlo Fisichella 14 laps 41
Fernando Alonso 15 laps 44
Kimi Raikkonen 14 laps 41
Juan Pablo Montoya 14 laps 41
Ralf Schumacher 14 laps 41
Mark Webber 12 laps 35
Nick Heidfeld 14 laps 41
Jacques Villeneuve 5 laps 15
Jarno Trulli 18

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Another report today is that Red Bull are attempting to buy the FIA. I think I will sit out on this as its April fools day.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Q.E.D.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Well done Fernando, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif Bad luck Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Will Schumacher call it a day soon? When will he announce his plans? My guess is his retirement will be announced in either Monaco or Nurbugring.

Back