F1 is boring me to death!!!!

D

DavidTC

Re: F1 is not at all boring.!

David
As before lets wait and see. A strange choice of tyres by the scuderia, particularly if they had good weather reports. A good late stint from Michael on the first set of tyres and he was certainly looking far from retirement when the understeer took him out of the race. Imola will be a better test. Not sure that a very public rebuke about his lack of pace will motivate Fissichella. Trouble in the camp ?, at one stage 'our man' looked to have his head in his hands.
The LHS Renault mirror still seems to move around a lot.
David

Could someone explain the passing while the Safety Car is out rule? I don't get it. If someone does pass illegally why don't they row them back up correctly before restart? On restarts who decides when the leader should start? The flag man? Is there a point on the track where he can start? It appears to me that the drivers behind the leader have no idea how to perform the best restart after a safety car. Almost all of the restarts resulted in a 3+ second lead when the cars reached the Start Finish line the first time! Never would happen on this side of the pond.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

Gary
Passing under a yellow should mean a black flag (a stop - go penalty in the pits) however there were a few bizarre incidents that were not punished that way. Scott Speed was penalised 25sec after the conclusion of the race for doing so (I think 25s was the recognised elapsed time for a stop-go penalty). I think Montoya would also have been if his car hadn't failed during the race.
As far as restarts after a safety car is concerned, once the safety car turns the lights off, it heads back into the pits. The cars must hold formation (ie cannot pass another car) until they cross the start-finish line. What this means is that the leader will slow right down and play cat and mouse, suddenly leaping away and catching the others napping. Alonso did this 3 times, although he did have the Midland cars between himself and the next placed Kimi Raikonen.
Hope this helps.

Bill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

David's

(Third David joining in here - this will get very confusing!!)

Looking at the onboard TV video's, it isn't just the Renault cars that have wobbly mirrors. I noticed it on another during the replay of the Malaysian GP (I think). Unfortunately, I can't remember which one.

I'm sure there must be a reason or the drivers would be complaining. Of course, an unkind person may say that some drivers never use them anyway!

Regards

Dave Tickle

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Dave T,
I don't really know why the mirrors were wobbling but I noticed it as well. I did get an explanation which was posted previously but I didn't buy it. It was wobbling.
I also noticed some of the elements on various car's front wings were acting as though they were speed brakes under deceleration.
DTC - if you look back on the race, PS was holding his head subsequent to FB's comment to Fisico - I think a "He shouldn't have said that" sort of moment as Pat was running through various fix's on fisico's car at the time and FB's comments were probably unconstructive and even unhelpful at the time. But - you can make of it what you will.
Imola should be great this year. I personally would like to see Schumachers nose rubbed in it big time this year though I also have to say anybody who 'steps up to the plate' and drives one of these cars is still quite special.

"Webbers Williams had Wobbly Wirrors." That's how I read it anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

"A strange choice of tyres by the scuderia, particularly if they had good weather reports"

I can only comment on weather reports given to Renault which are furnished by RaceMet throughout the week and the weekend of each race.
Ferrari use Meteo France (M/F) and if that team went ahead and chose tyres based solely on M/F forecasts, then that would be unusual. Ross Brawn is too clever for that.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: F1 Crash! horrendous

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon_bs.gif

Attachments

• 78859-F1crash.jpg
    78859-F1crash.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 200

Is it just me or do the latest, smaller V8s sound a bit fluffy just before each upchange, like they are hitting a rev limiter or something? I never noticed it with the V10s last year....

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

How about that catastophic engine failure in the last turn of the last lap? That's entertainment.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Re: F1 is not so boring !

Reportedly, in the 'sport1.de' publication: Raikonnen has already signed with Ferrari regarding next year's formula one championship.

It goes on to say that there is a $5,000,000 clause, guaranteeing Raikkonen either Schumacher's number one status or the 5 million dollars pay out.
Nice work if you can get it !!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Re: F1 is not so boring !

Some of todays news:
Jackie Stewart says Schumacher might kill himself,
Gascoyne has quit at Toyota,
and Mark Webber asks his fans to keep the faith and not turn on him.

Keith

I guess that with all that budget - they're hungry for results. I've got an idea for them - sack that lazy overpaid underachiever RSM guy and move the team to Blighty then bring back Mike Gascoyne.

I presume that means that Mike is effectively "gagged and handcuffed" for the whole year?

Keith

[ QUOTE ]
Another journeyman....

[/ QUOTE ]

What a wonderful expression! There seems to be quite a lot of them in F1 these days, especially drivers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Back