F1 is boring me to death!!!!

D

DavidTC

A storming drive from MS. A pity the paying punters could not have seen the real opposition to Fernando; both from the front row !.
I don't disagree with the stewards assessment but it deprived the rest of us from an epic race, rather than the boring procession from the front with no real pressure on Fernando.
Lets hope for a real contest at Silverstone without more Renault wingeing.

an ugly race, a so bad and uncorrect decision against Ferrari and MS...and a so ugly Briatore at the end of this fake formula one.

I looked SBK race...was completely another world,too fun...too HOT, too much more sport.....simply TOO GREAT.
Think also the show provided by WTCC serie is even too better than this bulls*** formula one is today.

They will manage soon without also MS, and I hope soon also without Ferrari.

and YES, definitely formula one is boring me to death

Paolo

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Disgraceful Monaco

I agree Paolo

I thought the officiating was woeful on all fronts.. The stewards decision on MS was not carefully thought out really, althought the incident seemed about the clumsiest thing MS has done in his career. By so publically condemning him, they only damage F1 itself. A better solution could have been found.

More concerning was the officials failure to wave their blue flags for passing, as the leaders were working their way through traffic. The worst affected was Mark Webber who was stuck behind Fisi for 5 laps and had to get help via his radio.
The marshalls were at it again with Montoya stuck behind traffic after the safety car period for a full lap as the marshalls were more concerned with waving the green flags instead of the blue, all the while Alonso got further and further ahead.
Good on Alonso, obviously well deserved, but best drive of the day would have to go to MS, he made Massa look like he was driving a Super Aguri...

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Bill,

What would you suggest as being an appropriate penalty for MS in this case? I can recall two other incidents in his F1 past where he tried to actually drive another competitor off the track.....Villenueve and Hill.....with Hill he succeeded.

Shameful and not befitting a champion IMO.

Hi Pat,

I totally agree Pat. MS is a cheat. A genius maybe, but flawed, always has been.
Not in the same league as a true champion like Jim Clark for instance.
The stewards were absolutely correct at the weekend, cheaters should never prosper.

Paul

Agreed, MS should give up these antics if he wants to be remembered as a F1 great. Personally I thought Kimi did a good job of harrassing ALonso and can only hope for more of the same.

Cheers

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
MS Punishment

Pat

I don't know what an appropriate punishment would be, although I remember school kids pulling down a cheating kids pants to publically humiliate them - that would do the trick.
Seriously though, if the FIA could have wrung a public apology out of him, it would have done the sport more favours. His protestations after the race bothered me more than the incident as did his analogy of black spots on his white suit. He claimed that his "white suit" being his reputation only had a few small black spots on it, however I think his stance post race has him wearing a mostly black suit. He copped his fine and should have accepted it, apologised for his brain failure and left his driving to do the talking for him on the matter, but no...... I can't defend a belligerent ass with a big chin....

I dont think a champion as MS can do a cheat as this for any reason.
He already did the pole, the Ferrari was too fast this time (and the final result talks),and he..first of all is a too rich and famous champion to do something like this.
More: from camera car all we can see his disappointing while doing the mistake!!

Also I dont like MS,but the threatment FIA reserved to him and to Ferrari well explains there is a great volountee to make the reds will not win again, in every way possible.

And also the satisfaction of the real FAKE man, as Briatore is, confirms all this.
In this formula one there arent TRUE man,or simply "normal" human beings remembering they are doing just a fun sport.
Think nobody will do as Merzario with Niki Lauda nowadays...they simply will go on race (exactly as MS did when Senna died..)
And more to this..Schumy hasnt a personality comparable to Mansell or Rosberg's one(without naming legends as Gilles..)
But nobody can deny he is the last real champion of Formula one(probably in another race period he will be already dead too...)
Schumi cant be compared to other era champions, and also he already
confirmed this in all interviews when they asked him if he felt as Clark or any other 60s, 70s or 80s heroes.
I just dont like the "false serious" FIA way of doing to make someone else wins..maybe to keep alive a championship able only to create sleeping emotions....

Ferrari remains at all the team to beat.

Paolo

Keith

Sorry for butting in on the Renault & Ferrari Forum here, but I for one enjoyed this year's Monaco Grand Prix very much. It had all the high drama normally associated with this gig and there was a bit of a motor race goin' on as well.

No point in bemoaning about a lack of "fairness" in the "sport" - any pretense of any of that vanished along with steel brakes many many moons ago. Just enjoy this fabulously rich soap for what it is - and the technology, women and boats were spot on too!

Just wish I was there.....:mad:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
In 2007 why don't you ?
Make a whole week of it in 2008 and go to the Historic as well.
Peter and Di McCluskey are returning in 2007.
It doesn't have to be all that expensive really and there is the Cannes
week leading up to the Gp.
I too enjoyed it - for a variety of reasons !!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
What If...........

If Alonso finishes second at every race and IF Schumacher wins every race from now on , Alonso would only lose the title in Brazil,the last race this year. Alonso would have four P1's compared with Schumachers 13 and the point difference would be only one point!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
That would be pretty strange.....a scenario I like though is, if, after winning 12 races and Alonso placing 2nd in all of them and wins the final, MS loses the title by two points.

Or if MS does what you say except in the final race Alonso deliberately turns into him on the last corner from second place, knocking MS off line and Alonso going on to take the win!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pat,
If it happened, many, me included, would applaud your scenario.
Some speculation emanating from Monaco is that the German will be asked to step down from the GPDA from Silverstone onwards. Another speculation from one email I got today is that some of the crowd at Silverstone will turn their back to him or do a mooney. Can you remember the cheers when he crashed at Silverstone in 99 ? Not very nice really but it happened.

I enjoyed watching the race, listening to the inane english commentary sent me to sleep, bring back Murray Walker and get us on the edge of our seats again !

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dave,

Yes, Saturday and Sunday.

Staying with friends near Silverstone and have tickets in the Luffield B Stand.

Suppose you're too busy to meet for a beer at some stage??

Cheers,

Jim

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Great idea.
We are located at the Silverstone Golf Club and if you have google earth the location is N52.03.45 and WOO1.01.52. Its a newish facility with a good restaurant and updated bar. To get there, just come out of the main entrance to the roundabout, go left to the next roundabout then over that
towards Dadford and the club is on the right just after the trees. Finish times are 1500hrs on Friday, 1330hrs on Saturday but dont look for us on Sunday from 1330hrs as we are on our way to Le Mans. My phone is 07767450989 and the trailer is 07799660955.
I look forward to meeting up.
Dave

Back