F1 is boring me to death!!!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Several reports coming out that Schumacher is insisting on a Bridgestone tyre developed especially for him alone.
Bless him...........
Alles ist nicht umzonst.......

Keith

David, have you joined the Red Cross?

Was just wondering about your Avitar is all.

Ferrari - So you think they're gonna get real serious then.....rockon

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Monaco - I've put a couple of bets on - one each way and one place. Got to pay the mortgage and the tax (wo)man. But I haven't bet on Napoleon's(Todt's) army.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ferrari getting serious? They have been all along. Just that Enstone is even more serious !! The new Q format should be fun at this race. Pole? - could be anybody's.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ahead of the drivers merry go round this year, who do you think will be in the top seats?
I think a frenchman might be in the frame at Renault alongside maybe Fisico or Kovaleinen. Stranger things have happened.
Who will partner Alonso in the Woking gang?
Who will be dropped altogether?
Answers on a post card........

HILLY

Supporter
Webber on three pepper
Lets hope he has a good strategy and a bit of luck.
How is it all looking at your end Pete and Dave?? (Lucky B's)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely everything Monaco should be. 26c, Clear sky, gentle on shore breeze, gin palaces bobbing in the harbour with the beautiful people draped all over them, and the best company to boot with Pete and Di. Shows how the Gt40s. website really works. Its just a load of friends waiting to meet. The F1 side of it is just a side show really, and even if the elder Kraut resorts to cheating in Qualifying, it's his loss and if he wants to be the champion again, everybody will know how he did it. He is a total arsehole.
But in answer, Peter, a great evening was had in a small restaurant in La Turbie and then Pete and Di came back to the radar site (for a cup of tea !!) and saw the most incredible views 1800 ft above Monte-Carlo.
We have avowed - the same again next year.

Webber has always done well in Monaco, even won there in an F3.

With regards to who's-going-where, how about this as an outside chance. Webber to go to Renault next year. (Flavio is Webber's manager and actually owns his contract as I understand it. The media talk after he went to Williams was that he was originally asked (and he considered) going to Renault but opted for Williams instead). Doesn't his Williams contract expires at the end of this season?

D

DavidTC

David
I agree that the Schumi 'mistake' looked dodgy BUT he still put in a great qualifying lap and if you don't have any regard for his record as a GP driver you may be on your own.
I suspect that the result tomorrow may mean you have to eat your words yet again.
Strange you have no comment (yet again on Fisi) and his blocking move on DC; a bit unsporting I would have said.
Regards
David

HILLY

Supporter
MS to the rear….WOW!!

I think that you will have to tone down the advertising Dave or you may have to contend with a tour party on your doorstep next year.
Have a great weekend guys and make sure that the tea is of the herbal variety.
Tell Pete that we want an up close photo of Webber on the podium.burnout

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Peter,
I think they may be in breakfast in their hotel (which is overlooking the harbour). I 've relayed your request.
Another lovely day here but my wish is for rain...........

Last edited:

HILLY

Supporter
Anyone got a spare Cosworth or three.
They would need at least three or four to get through a rotation.cussingDead

Back