F1 is boring me to death!!!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It goes on to say that Bridgestone also brought their 2005 spec tyres as a back up but didn't say if Bridgestone also had problems. The FIA had a plan up their sleeve which was to paint a line at T13 and those with Michelin
would drive the less stressful route restricted to 250Km/h. What a shambles.
Bridgestone have succeeded in their bid to become the sole supplier After Michelin pull out next year.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
New spec engine unleashed at Magny Curse.........

New C engine Spec for Renault's Alonso in Magny Curse. Fisichella used the new C spec in Indianapolis though it seems it wasn't being used at full potential then. Probably because of Michelin's problems. C spec should increase power by 30hp (and speed by a few Km/h).

D

DavidTC

A big mistake by FIA to go for single source provider of tyres. The need to 'tune' the properties to a given circuit/condition and more importantly the car itself gives the 'lead' teams big advantages. I presume Michelin have had Renault as their lead team and Bridgestone have Ferrari and this has helped the competition between the teams.
If Ferrari have tyres tuned to their needs next year,(the other teams having to put up with what is provided to them), that will be to the compeitive disadvantage of the other teams; not good for the sport. There is potentially the same problem with brakes with Brembo/AP Racing being so dominant again to Ferrari's advantage but FIA are I think re-visiting their single source policy.
We all want to see competitive racing whichever team we support; FIA should be more about setting technical challenges and leaving the teams to sort out how to solve the problems rather than being so prescriptive.

Keith

roaldin said:
Tyres be b^ggered, if you want a real laugh see www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/27956 .
Microsoft, bwahahahaha!

That's made made me eyes water that 'as. :)

Tim.

Crikey! Microsoft? :eek: :eek: :eek:

They're screwed!

It'll give all the teenage hackers a crack at F1 though.:D

They wouldn't have had a chance any other way.....

Bless 'em - just imagine being able to grenade MS's motor at the touch of a (F1) Button!

It might bring some interest back - you never know...:)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Rumour this morning that Montoya has been replaced. Mr Whippy (Whitmarsh) denied it a few days ago so it must be true. I'm sceptical about it though.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
And another rumour - Weber is hacked off with Williams at the moment and maybe looking elsewhere. Renault? Thats another rumour as well.

Keith

The new F1 timing screen.... (bugger, can't post pic)

But it is (was)....

The infamous, dreaded B.S.O.D. :eek:

(The picture was funnier, sorry, must sort me Paypal out)

lol

HILLY

Supporter
Can’t understand why Webber did not go with Renault in the first place.
Hope that he takes the chance if he gets a second go at it.
20/20 hindsight and Williams have been poor in most departments.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Possibly some changes to the qualifying session from Magny Curse onwards -
a change to the last session in that it may occupy less time. If that time is added to the other sessions ie the first session IMHO I think it would benefit everybody.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I must say that if I were Weber I wouldn't be pleased with a superfast team mate who has all the connections in the world either.....

OK, Microsoft gets the exclusive ECU deal. So.................
If the car quits the "windscreen" will turn blue.
If the engine does quit on the track the only way to restart is to first re-install the engine.
Before starting the engine you must read and agree to the EULA.
Should the car fail during the race due to ECU problems, it will be blamed on the fact that you 1) installed tires on the vehicle despite warnings not to do so 2) would not have happened had you applied the most recent 283 vulnerability patches 3) are using a part/product/fuel not on the vendor approved list 4) all of the above.

Back