F1 is boring me to death!!!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I agree Pat but the powers that be in Big Mac racing may use gardening leave as an option or have him on standby at every Gp from Magny onwards.
That seems to be their way more often than not.

Keith

David Morton said:
I agree Pat but the powers that be in Big Mac racing may use gardening leave as an option or have him on standby at every Gp from Magny onwards.
That seems to be their way more often than not.

There seems to be an awful lot of gardening going on in F1 at the moment.....;)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Probably helping to spread the manure. There is an awful lot of b---shi----g
going on - when Montoya was on the circuit with no hindrances from anybody else he used to display flashes of brilliance but more of late he adopted the crash test dummy's role and probably made the N.D.T. department at Woking almost redundant. Sato use to have that reputation at Jordan as well- he destroyed almost everything in sight and was jokingly referred to as 'destructive tester man'.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Montoya will debut in Nascar in August.
It's extremly hot in Magny with local forecasts giving 33 to 36 with only light winds for the next few days so if anybody is coming, be prepared.

Hi Dave,
yes..thats the same temperature we have here in Milano now...so humid and hot.

I dont think Montoya will have an easy life in Nascar serie.
He comes from luxury formula one where contacts are so rare....and people is like him (clean and pretty pilots..many doubts about the skill).

Nascar serie is a real fight,think we will see him very often kissing the walls in that fast oval tracks.
Nascar is definitely for TRUE american pilots...we will see.

Paolo

Ps: Dave, if u were in LM also u will be killed by our shared ham, sausages and mortadella...coming from Bologna..ihihih...will be for the next time or maybe Goodwood:)

I think you are correct about Montoya, but he is already driving like a NASCAR drive!

Maker of fiberglaa bodies: GT40 MKI & MKII, Lola T70 MKIIIB Coupe, Daytona Coupe

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya could race again in Formula One this season and will not be allowed to compete in NASCAR until his McLaren contract ends.
"Juan Pablo is fully contracted through to the end of the year," Big Ron told the news conference. "And if we so choose, he will test and race again. That is our option, nobody else's."

Typical Bigmac...........

Last edited:

Keith

Great qualie today - Ferrari on top, due in part, no doubt to the tyres. Button nowhere (again) but Reubens similar poor performance proves it is the car. What on earth is going on at Honda? They have more than 1 reverse gear obviously! They go backwards better than they go forwards....:mad:

Not counting out Fernando by any means and hoping for an entertaining race tomorrow.

Dave, it must be like a Turkish bath over there. Order up some rain for tomorrow. (At once, do you hear?) ;)

According to ITVF1, JPM apparently announced his NASCAR aspirations before telling anyone at McLaren - Bigmac is clearly going to get his own back !

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ta 34c at the end of qualifying and Tc 52c. Air con is going flat out in the radar tailer. Rain on the screen but well to the south of us at the moment.
I anticipate rain here this evening so it will be a green track again tomorrow.
Siesta time here.zzzz.........

Keith

Nice one mate - have a chug of cold beer on me...good luck tomorrow - the green track will be interesting, especially if the support races oil it down as well...:)

:chug:

D

DavidTC

A great drive by MS and Massa BUT you have to hand it to PS at Renault. Most of us didn't see Fernando doing better than 3rd BUT the 2 stopper saved the day. Makes the team title more interesting BUT MS needs to claw back more than 2 pts per GP to make the title race really competitive.

Keith

Yet another :zzz: I'm afraid. Only PDLR, KR, FA and MS showed any inlination to race. The rest of them looked a bit fed up.

Once again, thread back on track after '000's of posts!!boomsmile

If the announcement is correct that MS is throwing his weight around at Ferrari to elbow KR out of the possibility of being his team mate next year, then my respect for MS has diminished even further. I don’t think that Senna or Prost would have done anything other than relish the opportunity to race against each other in identical machines. Seems however that MS is afraid of what might happen if he is placed against some real competition.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I can remember clearly that Senna did indeed do this....I just can't recall which team it was!

I don't think the reason was fear of competition as much as dilution of effort....he felt that all effort should be on him. Rightly so?

Keith

Aha! Prost was the master of deception both on and off the track but quite often Senna totally upstaged him - he offered to drive for Williams for free just to upset him (Prost). Of course, when he got his chance for a Williams drive - it was the last move he ever made. Tragic.

Prost also queered the pitched for Nigel Mansell at Ferrari, who was doing a pretty damned good job with a recalcitrant car, ending with Nigel petulantly and symbolically chucking his gloves into the crowd at the British Grand Prix after a gearbox failure - he always blamed Prost for getting inferior equipment after the Professor joined. Later of course, Prost got himself fired by Enzo so it was all for nought really. You will also notice that today, Prost is never invited to ferrari gigs like all the other drivers.

The moral seems to be you should dig 2 holes when trying to bury the opposition - one for yourself. MS would do well to study the history. :squint:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
One story I heard was that Mansells car selected 2nd gear of its own accord at one of the high speed parts of Silverstone and the telemetry recorded 40krpm momentarily, but then the best bit is that he still did 2 more laps after the engine buzz.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Also tire problems for Webber and Mansell. David any scuttlebutt on Webber's problems? Was it bodywork rubbing that caused the problems or just the heat?

Pat, I seem to remember it was Derek Warwick that Senna didn't want as the other driver, at Lotus I think.....
One recollection I have about Warwick is going to a foggy Snetterton circuit in Norfolk in the late eighties to film an interview with him at the first test of the (then) new Lotus F1 with a Lambourghini engine. We waited around for the fog to clear until Warwick said: 'Sod it' and climbed into the car. You couldn't see more than about 20 yards but he did a couple of laps. You could hear the engine right round the circuit on full chat down the straight etc. When he came in I asked him how he did it. He said he knew the circuit so well he could guess the straight bits! There's balls for you! Nice bloke too....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Pete,
No clue as to Weber's problems. Heat/kerbs/long curves. I wasn't paying that much attention - which wheel separated?
Dave

Last edited:
Back