F1 is boring me to death!!!!

I always prefered the Fosters packaging to VB. Quality, not quantity, right?

Attachments

• P1000305 (Small).JPG
    P1000305 (Small).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 446

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Testing in Barcelona finished yesteday. A big suprise was that Coulthard posted the best times.
In a previous post I mentioned this was the last test before Melbourne which was a load of garbage. Bahrain will host a test on Feb 22nd.
Here are yesterday's times:

1. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m21.855s

2. HEIDFELD BMW 1m21.955s

3. MASSA Ferrari 1m21.958s

4. ALONSO McLaren 1m22.103s

5. ROSBERG Williams 1m22.271s

6. HAMILTON McLaren 1m22.292s

7. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1m22.363s

8. MONTAGNY Toyota 1m22.446s

9. FISICHELLA Renault 1m22.758s

10. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m22.783s

11. WEBBER Red Bull 1m22.834s

12. BUTTON Honda 1m23.061s

13. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m23.257s

14. WURZ Williams 1m23.271s

15. VETTEL BMW 1m23.571s

16. R SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m23.789s

17. ALBERS Spyker 1m23.947s

18. SATO Super Aguri 1m24.568s

19. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m26.296s

Schumacher was there watching from the prat perch.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Re: F1 etc etc - Aston Martin ?

Aston Martin may be back in Formula One.
Aston Martin last foray into F1 was in 1959/1960, a bit like Norways Eurovision results - 11 starts /no points. Dave Richard's Prodrive may just buy Ford's Aston Martin and could be using the name from 2008 in F1.
A British Racing Green car again - whoopee !!!

Dave M

Last edited:

Keith

Ironically, following my last post, Is it just me or is there anybody else out there who is totally underwhelmed about the prospect of another F1 season?

I don't even know who the runners and riders are, so completely disinterested do I seem to be.

This is after 45 years of enthusiastic support and working with the great JS in the original Honda days when they were good....

Why is F1 boring me to death in 2007? :confused:

How neat is that - back on topic after a squillion posts!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Boogis Street Here we come:
This just relelased today:

"I can confirm that Singapore is on the calendar next year and it could either be the third race of the season, or towards the end of the season in August," the anonymous source said, explaining that he is bound by non-disclosure rules.

oh - another wind up from anon.?

Also saying it will be a night race.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Keith1 said:
Ironically, following my last post, Is it just me or is there anybody else out there who is totally underwhelmed about the prospect of another F1 season?

I don't even know who the runners and riders are, so completely disinterested do I seem to be.

This is after 45 years of enthusiastic support and working with the great JS in the original Honda days when they were good....

Why is F1 boring me to death in 2007? :confused:

How neat is that - back on topic after a squillion posts!

I think if you don't keep track of who is driving what, who the drivers are, and what they are doing in the off season, interest naturally will diminish.

I am really interested in seeing how the new crop of drivers fare as well as how the ones who have proven to be really quick fare with their new teams.

Can't wait!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
So Pat, any tips? Probably some reasonable odds at the bookmakers at the moment. All the pre season hype will count for nought when Whiting presses the button in Melbourne. I cant wait either - cos it pays my mortgage !!!!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
David, will you be in Melbourne? It would be good to meet you.... I think you were going to come out a couple of years ago but cancelled last minute? Pete's bar will be buzzing again in about 10 days time, hope to see you there.

Bill

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
I really hope to get there but things can transpire against. I will be attempting to get to Melbourne on Staff Travel, with BA, which you will probably realise is on a 'space available' basis and looking at the bookings at the moment they are quite full. (I need to keep my 'firm' tickets for later in the year for my family)
regards
Dave M

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
David Morton said:
So Pat, any tips? Probably some reasonable odds at the bookmakers at the moment. All the pre season hype will count for nought when Whiting presses the button in Melbourne. I cant wait either - cos it pays my mortgage !!!!

David -

It seems to me that the tips should be coming from your direction!

Who do you pick for the Drivers Championship?

I always try to go with the winner - in this case Fernando. As a dark horse I like Kubica.

Pat

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I fancy BMW to show well. Alonso can wring success out of the Mac's if he gets a reliable engine/trans package but Massa has to be the favourite on pre-season hype. The jury is out on the new guys but for motivation and total focus, Heikki will also take some beating. To me, it's all about reliability until the circus gets back to Barcelona and who ever is dominant [and I hope that nobody will be] at that stage, then the tactics will start emerging. I think Heikki will generally outperform his team mate from the off - his words in Japan last year. He also made a comment to me that he would not be going all the way to Melbourne and be a loser. Strong words for a young man. I also rate Kubica as a very good pedaller.
Red bull - DC + MW - with the newy Newey are still a long way from satisfied with their showings since the car was unveiled. Maybe they can get it on before Melbourne, but they are behind the drag curve at the moment.
Lastly there are the guys fighting for last place - long may they survive as it's very tough paying for Air Freight unless they manage to score a point.
Who will win? overall Ecclestone - the little guy with the tall spouse.
In the first 3 races ? maybe Massa.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
JP was class of the field in the Busch race yet still retained his ability to punt his team mate. :eek: But then, most of those boys don't know how to turn right... It would be interesting to put Hamlin in an open wheeler.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Toyota have been slammed by Schumacher as catastrophic in spite of the team having the largest budget in F1. It would seem they are only marginally faster than the minnows Super Aguri, Spyker, and Rosso.
Renault's Fisichella has also been the target of criticism by Mike Gascoyne
who has indicated that unless he 'ups' his game dramatically he may not be in a top team much longer. Fisi has countered that by saying he is aiming for a podium in Melbourne though Big Rons' team and the Fiaterrari team have the edge by 1/2 second per lap.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Todays snippets
:pepper: The A1-Ring, Zeltweg, Dietrich Mateschitz's (Red Bull) original $800m project was axed because of bureaucracy rockonsmile but new plans are afoot for a grand prix-standard circuit. A $200m plan from private investors - Red Bull, and the VW AUDI group has been hatched.

F3 rising star Michael Conway has been signed by Honda F1 -
IMHO probably to replace Button who has failed in the 99% of Gps he started in.:dead:

Tyres will be colour coded to let the public see who is running what,
and brake lights may be introduced in the future.( that could be great for sandbagging IMHO again)

Smilies are fun !

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
If you are a betting man here are the pre season betting odds:

William Hill bookmaker F1:

Top British Driver (Points): 4/5 Hamilton, 6/5 Button, 8/1 Coulthard, 25/1 Davidson.

Will Lewis Hamilton Win A Grand Prix in 2007 Season: 8/11 Yes, 1//1 No.

How Many Grand Prix’s Will Hamilton Win?: 1/1 None, 7/4 One, 4/1 Two, 10/1 Three, 25/1 Four, 50/1 Five, 80/1 Six, 33/1 Seven or more.

Will Jenson Button Win A Grand Prix in 2007 Season: 5/6 Yes, 5/6 No.

How Many Grand Prix’s Will Button Win?: 5/6 None, 2/1 One, 5/1 Two, 8/1 Three, 25/1 Four, 50/1 Five, 80/1 Six, 33/1 Seven or more.

Which Driver Will Score More Points?: 8/11 Hamilton, 1/1 Button.

Will Michael Schumacher Drive In Any Grand Prix? 1/100 No, 16/1 Yes.

William Hill Australian Grand Prix: 9/4 Raikkonen, 9/4 Massa, 10/3 Alonso, 16/1 Hamilton, 16/1 Kubica, 16/1 Kovalainen, 16/1 Fisichella, 20/1 Heidfeld, 20/1 Button, 40/1 R Barrichello.

William Hill F1 Drivers Championship: 15/8 Raikkonen, 9/4 F Alonso, 9/4 Massa, 12/1 Kouvalainen, 14/1 L Hamilton, 16/1 Fisichella, 20/1 R Kubica, 20/1 J Button, 25/1 N Heidfeld, 40/1 R Barrichello, 100/1 Ralf Schumacher, 125/1 Webber, 125/1 Coulthard.

William Hill F1 Constructors Championship: 4/7 Ferrari, 9/4 McLaren, 7/1 Renault, 10/1 BMW, 14/1 Honda, 66/1 Toyota, 80/1 Red Bull Racing, 100/1 Williams, 100/1 Toro Rosso, 150/1 Super Aguri, 250/1 Spyker.

Back