F1 is boring me to death!!!!

Well, I'm a massive McLaren fan and am just wondering on what those vertical boards are for along the entire top of the sidepod; I didn't think we had a problem with air spill away from the rear wing last year ??? - take a look at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - The Official Website for the launch photos. Even though Newey has gone (can't blame him crashing GT40 P1010 on him leaving though even if it was carrying Red Bull sponsorship!!!) there are some really "strange" aero bits in evidence!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Abu Dhabi have signed a deal with Ecclestone(the very short guy with the incredibly tall wife) for the 'most luxurious ever' Grand Prix from 2009 and the contract is for 9 years. Thats another European race for the axe then !!!
Answers on a post card lease................

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
All the teams are making wonderful claims about how good they are. Here are some of the release headlines from the 2006 World Champions.

Renault news:
Renault upbeat after Valencia ...
Briatore: Alonso is over-rated...
Renault boosted by better weather...
Details will decide title fight...
Renault working around the weather...

More Renault >>> ING Renault F1 Team: Home page

Keith

Can't see how Spa can survive....:shrug:

I think Bernie will push it too far - there's not going to be a lot of money about this year and probably next - it's all going to be in the East..

I know, we'll just start again! Sir Frankie will be happy anyway....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I hope Spa does survive and Magny Curse gets the heave ho. If God was to give the world an enema, he'd put the tube in Magny.
One second thoughts - no. It's not even that good.
No doubt the small guy will start rattling the cage of the BRDC as well !!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
and yet another from the small guy:
Ecclestone expects the Grand Prix calendar to be 20 rounds in the next three years. Five new venues are vying to get a place on the F1 itinerary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So will the next one will be down Bugis Street and around the Bukit Tima Road or along Silom Road and around PatPong 1 and 2?
More answers on epostcards please....
Probably Bugis Street.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Here is the calander.

Australia, March 18
Malaysia, April 08
Bahrain, April 15
Spain, May 13
Monaco, May 27
Canada, June 10
United States, June 17
France, July 01
United Kingdom, July 08
Germany, July 22
Hungary, August 05
Turkey, August 26
Italy, September 09
Belgium, September 16
China, September 30
Japan, October 07
Brazil, October 21

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
March 18, Australia. Yee haar :pepper:

Attachments

• 2005australiagp_11_800_x_600_w (Small).jpg
    2005australiagp_11_800_x_600_w (Small).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 380
The above picture has an optical illusion. Focus just to the left of the "F" in Fosters. Close your eyes then open them very rapidly. You can then make out the car in the photo. :lol:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Must affect different people differently! My eye (I've only got one) keeps slipping off to the right of that 'O' in FOSTERS. Can't see anything else! :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
What was known as the Fosters British Gp will probably become Banco de Santander British Gp.
Oh really. Who ever called it the Fosters British Gp previously.
Who really cares about what it's called so long as it exists.

ps - there are 7 Fosters signs in the photo above.
but only one that stands out................

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Your eyes are better than mine David, I've stared at that picture for at least ten minutes but can only see one Fosters sign.....

Back