FILTER KING

QUESTION ABOUT FILTER KING REGULATOR/FILTERS ...ARE THE DIAPHRAGMS OK FOR USE WITH USA FUEL . WE HAVE ETHANOL ADDED TO OUR FUEL.
ONE OF MY REGULATORS FAILED AT 6000 MILES.. I CONTACTED 2 SUPPLIERS AND GOT 2 DIFFERENT ANSWERS.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I had several Malpassi King Filters where the plastic seat came loose (where the diapragm needle & springs sits). Its a pressed fit, i solved this with a tiny screw to fixate this.
I had once an issue the glue of the filter elements dish came loose.

Have several cars running those king filters and have not experianced diaphragm fails in 20 years. The all see E10 (10%ethanol blended) fuel.
Must say I do use a fuel additive against ethanol damage.

Neil

Supporter
This is the type of filter that burned up my Porsche 911. The gasket in the joint indicated by the red arrow failed and gasoline sprayed all over the engine and caught fire. Bystanders noticed the flames and smoke coming out of the vents and I pulled over to a spot that wouldn't set anything else on fire, got my briefcase and documents out of the car before trying to beat the fire out with my shirt. Now I carry a 5 lb Halon extinguisher in my cars- If it is needed I'm not going to worry about the ozone hole. Doesn't the Latin root of the name "Malpassi" mean "bad filter"? :rolleyes:

This is why I keep saying that in a rear or mid-engine, you are the last to know that you're on fire.

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 128
Back