Fling SLC Build Thread

That's about 10 inches forward of the end of the front clip (by the doors) to the rearmost part of the vents. Liking your silver & red livery Howard!

Michael Fling

Supporter
Sounds amazing with the side exits. With the rear wing A.O.A., I reckon you should reach rotate speed at say, 70 knots!

The wing is simply laying on the uprights. There will be turnbuckle adjustments so I can alter the wing angle in order to get the ice cream home from the store faster!

That's about 10 inches forward of the end of the front clip (by the doors) to the rearmost part of the vents. Liking your silver & red livery Howard!

Mine were 11" forward. I think I was lucky getting them reasonable close to an ideal location.

Incredible work Michael. Are those GTM vents in the back window location? The NACA ducts on the rear fenders are fantastic. I've considered that to be an ideal spot for NACA ducts. Is there an ideal fore/aft location to put the front fender vents? I was thinking of starting mine at the top center of the wheel arch, but I see yours are forward a bit.

A.J.

They are Ford Mustang GT vents... $149. Here is the link-
Ford Mustang GT OEM Styled Fiberglass Hood Vents 2013 2014 SCMVENTS

I have flexible ducting that travels from the NACA duct to the engine. Vents for heat escape, and fans on rear to draw heat out (I hope). My inside rear bonnet will be covered with an insulated foil.
You are a fiberglassin' wild man, you're going to have a very unique SLC.
Really cool your son has that dream job, what an excellent start for a young guy. Next time I'm in ATL I'll have to check that out.
A Dauer Porsche (Shell) that is a rare car.

If you ever go to Atlanta to drive, request Tyler. He does a great job. I drove a GT3 and a Turbo 911. I preferred the aesthetics of the GT3, but I liked the handling of the all wheel drive turbo. 0-60 mph in 3 seconds.

Regarding the "uniqueness" of my SLC... I hope it is viewed as a good unique. TY all for the comments. Pictures don't always do it justice... the front fenders/headlights give the car what I believe is a really cool look.

Now for some serious sanding, filling, etc. :stunned:

Last edited:
In bigger news, I have a new custom leather adjustable seat that should be here in 3-4 weeks. It slides forward/backward, has a 5 point harness accommodation, and has a back that is adjustable.

Fling,
How are things coming? Any news on the new seat?

Michael Fling

Supporter
Yes sir. Got it back and fit well. However, I did not realize that the passenger side is narrower than the driver side. So.... back to changing the prototype. It looks great and has the back shaped so it can recline all the way back. I am having the back and the"ears" narrowed 1"/side. These seats are being made in China for a company out of California.They get stuck in customs at the port and it takes forever to get things done. I am trying to be patient.

IMG_7412.jpg

IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7410.jpg

Those are the same seats I tried spent $1100.00 on them getting them modified couldn't get them to sit the way I wanted so I gave up. They are for sell if anyone interested ?

I have a set of cipher seats and sitting on the floor in mine. I am only 5-6 and with the seat foam I even feel like I pretty much hitting my head on the roof. Just something to think about as the bottom padding can push up a few inches and that makes a big difference. How is your height when installed?

They do look really good though.

I did too, they were as low as the upholster could go, they still didn't work for me, they fit in the car just weren't comfortable they need to be arched more in the back.
Good luck with them.

Michael Fling

Supporter
I have been in limbo waiting on the Autometer Sportsman LCD dash unit. I finally gave up and I have decided to go with their more expensive model. That solidifies what I am doing to the dash, which allows me to continue with the interior mods.

LCD Competition Dash

I have body fitment completed. I am modding the windshield/pillar areas, the side windows and new taillights for the rear. I will post pics after my completion... probably this weekend.

Looks like a nice piece. Craig using that one too?

Ordered my SL-C this week so I'll be joining in the fun in a few months. :)

I have been in limbo waiting on the Autometer Sportsman LCD dash unit.

I ordered the Racepak IQ3s (Street) today. Saw it at PRI. It started shipping Dec 16. Talked with them today and I am confident it will meet my needs. My KOSO is installed but has numerous issues including a dead area in the display. If anyone wants more details, ping me late next week. With the holiday, they said expect it Monday.

Glad to see you are only a bit ahead of me in the build cycle. I think you received your car a few weeks before me.

I am also using the IQ3s. The shape fits nice with the opening in the dash !
AND it's under $1000 :thumbsup:

The IQ3s is more than the IQ3 - $975 + EFI interface, so about $1050 shipped. But it has support for all of the street stuff (Turn signals, High beams, etc) and includes 2 temp and 1 pressure sensor.

Back