Fling SLC Build Thread

Michael Fling

Supporter
Been a while since I have posted as I wait for my SLC. I have been really impressed with many of the builds that are in progress. I am ready to join the fray. I have heard a rumor that it is close??? I have a few options that have held things up. Fran is mating the engine/Graziano, installing my cats, muffler and side exhaust, and providing the new interior tub in addition to the body fitment, "Fling Wing", and cutouts. I know there has been a wait on the flywheel and clutch and the interior tub- I think that has been the hold up. Hopefully we are close. :shrug:

I have an epoxy floor and hate it.

- the flaked finish I choose hides small parts very well
- I've damaged a large part with a pallet jack (waiting for it to be fixed)
- have damaged several small areas doing what is 'normal' work at my place
- I asked for a finish that would not be slick but would not be too hard on me when working on my back - well.. When it's wet it is an accident waiting to happen
- I worry way to much about damaging the floor

This all from one of the big 'national' floor coating companies.

If you weld/paint/work with metal, I'd suggest thinking twice about it.

I am planning a second garage/man cave and it will NOT be coated.

YMMV

- Frank

Frank,
good information, I was toying with some sort of coating in my shop but when I think about it, every welding class and welding shop that I have been in just has the virgin floor. I know that certain "industrial" grade epoxy coatings are extremely tough but have to be applied to a completely cured and clean floor for maximum adhesion. You are correct
too about wet + oily conditions, might as well be an ice skating rink.
I think I am going to keep mine naked as well.

I would agree, there pretty much for looks. Easy to keep clean but if you live where you get snow, every time you walk in to the garage with snow on your boots your life is in danger.
I put a colored surface hardner in mine you can drop a sludge hammer on it and it just bounces off. I also put a heated floor in that was the best money ever spent when laying on the floor all those aching muscles seem to go away lol.

Ahhh man I would love to come see it sometime--I'm in Tulsa and you are the first one in OK to get one that I know of... I'm thinking about ordering one myself.

Michael Fling

Supporter
So there is good news and bad news. The bad news is that my Sooners got embarrassed by the Longhorns today. We are in Dallas and return home tomorrow. The good news... Spoke with the transport company today and I get my car tomorrow!

Has anyone used a Speedhut gauge cluster in conjunction with the ISIS system...

http://www.speedhut.com/customizer.i?clid=1244250

I love the look. I had also wondered about a rear tail light:

IPCW® CWT-107C2 - Acura Integra 1994-2001 Crystal Clear Euro Tail Lights - 2DR

Obviously, the electrical portion of my build will be led by someone other than myself. Any thoughts on these 2 options being used successfully?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Wiring the Speedhut gauges shouldn't be much of a problem, the problem seems to be getting them to fit.

Has anyone used a Speedhut gauge cluster in conjunction with the ISIS system...

. Auto From Speedhut.

I am using their oil pressure gauge. GR-OIL-01 Revolution 2-1/16 Oil 0-100 psi (w/ Dual Peak). It works well and has a built-in adjustable low pressure light. It comes with the sensor, but make sure to order/opt for the longer gauge sensor wire. I also ordered the voltage gauge and will install this over the winter. They'll both fit in the dash center console panel.

Attachments

• IMGP2338.jpg
    IMGP2338.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 513

Michael Fling

Supporter
Got it tucked in for the first night in the new bed. Christening party Friday, then the work begins! BTW- the new i piece interior tub looks amazing! :thumbsup:

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

Congratulations Michael! Here's hoping that you have the hardest part behind you and all goes smooth with your build.:thumbsup:

Best of luck!
Jim

Back