Fortyfication 88

Fortyfication 88 is being posted out later today (24 November) or tomorrow, so members should start receiving it on Saturday. Please post on this thread when yours arrives.
The reason for the superhuman effort to publish at the earliest date possible before 1st December is because we have a registration deadline on that day for the Donington track day and AGM on 23 April 2011. After, it will cost in excess of £350, instead of the £150 to Club members before then.
That aside, features in Fortyfication 88 include:

• An article by Claude Nahum on his extraordinary route to getting P1016 ready for last year's Le Mans Classic, only to have the gearbox break half way through the event.
  • An erudite technical article by Bob MacDonald on Vehicle Braking Performance that has some unusual conclusions.
  • Have you ever seen an early KVA with the Ford Cortina subframe? Rob Bloom's article throws light on what has now become a very rare beast.
  • The Roaring Forties scandal in March 2006 was mainly revealed on this forum. What are they doing now? Read about the new Roaring Forties company's high quality product in Bernie Mylon's article.
  • Reviews of the rolling road trip and shows and events throughout the Summer, as well as a couple of coat-trailers, to get you agitated over your Christmas turkey!
If you aren't due to receive this magazine, contact Max Walter about joining the Club and he might have a spare copy for you.

Another magnificent effort on Tony's part and thanks to everyone who contributed articles. I'd like to see more members contribute, so if you've an article inside you, then please send it to our Tony for inclusion in a future issue. Naturally the articles are GT40-related, but as the club caters for all types including; originals, expensive recreations to complete home builds, then I'm certain there's a lot to talk about. It's a glossy 48 page quarterly (Worldwide) magazine... membership is still only £30 ($45 approx) per year, so why not join us by contacting our new membership secretary, Max Walters? Andrew Komosa... Chairman of GT40 Enthusiasts Club - Front Page

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
membership is still only £30 ($45 approx) per year, so why not join us by contacting our new membership secretary, Max Walters?

I generally prefer my name without the 's', but as I go by so many names anyway, who's to worry?

Eagerly awaiting my copy of Fortyfication 88.

Robert 'Max' Walter
Aka Maxiboy, "Oi you" & many others...

looking forward to this one as with chris s i was envolved in the saga of the old rf and to say the new rf boys have been helpful would be an understatement

Woke up to thick snow this morning.

But the Royal Mail got through.....................with my Fortyfication!

Another very good read.

Thanks to Tony and the postman.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Does your postman also:

... makes sure her van has had a wash and her uniform is all smart and pressed before she brings the letter"?

Still nothing in my mail, but hey.....it's sunday!

Maybe tomorrow. Or.... as I am in the Netherlands the international mail may even take a bit longer.

I'll just wait.

Yep, a great read as usual, and nice to get a mention and a pic of my car in there too..............:thumbsup:
Jas

Jason, you can have a whole article to yourself - if you write it! Got anything interesting to say?

GJ, if I knew who you were I could confirm that you were on the mailing list and where your mag was sent to. PM or e-mail me.
Tony

Mine arrived on Saturday too, only flicked through it so far as there were several mags arrived on that day. Tony, I have an article that I wrote for the IAM local mag (Bath) some time back, entitled "Living with the dream" I will look it out and send on to you for your expert eye to peruse and accept or reject as you see fit. It was geared towards non GT40 readers so emotion rather than tech stuff, but it might hit a chord or two with other owners. I can add some pics too for atmosphere!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Frank/Tony,

Sorry I missed the vital detail previously - Tony's original second comment. That will teach me to reread everything fully in future.

Frank, yes I had assumed GJ was one & the same too, but then maybe we shouldn't assume anything...

Max

Let me clear things up here.

Yes I am the new member living in Middelburg, the Netherlands.
My name is Geert-Jan (GJ) de Maat.

So far, no Fortyfication ;(

Geert-Jan, I can confirm that your name and Middelburg address were on the mailing list for Fortyfication 88 sent to the printer.
The magazine went out last week, so you will receive it, I hope sooner rather than later.
Regards,
Tony

Back