Fortyfication No 73

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Just about to watch the DVD, arrived today.... looks great thanks Tony and the rest of the crew....

One day Tony I will write an article on my GT for you....

Now where is that popcorn.....

Andy

Received mine Saturday, thanks for building the tension - must be the most anticipated issue yet. Gald it was a weekend as I immediately ran the DVD.

The sound was fantastic. After a few seemingly cautious laps on he latter ones he was passing others like they were static! Great!! Thanks Claude.

Where did the wheel come from when Claude stopped in the Porsche curves? I thought the rear deck had broken loose because clips weren't fastened not because the rear wheel came off. Also what was the problem that stopped him on the Mulsanne?

This DVD has to be virtually worth the membership alone - and 4 free mags to go with it.

Lucy is also getting into her stride in the magazine which really just gets better. Alan Snow's cartoon is great - I know the poor stoodge looks like Brian Magee with baseball cap :) but under the skin it has to Brett!!! -Or have you put your neons on hold now?

Dave,
The wheel in Claude's video is - Claude's offside front. Watch what happens when he bumps over the rumble strip at the side of the track without a wheel. Ouch! The cause was the wrong taper on the knock-off nut, which allowed it to work loose.
The loss of the rear clip isn't apparent from the video, but Claude said the car got very light at the back without it. . . . . :confused: Apparently the Pit Marshal had seen the car leaving the pit with the loose rear clip but had done nothing because 'it wasn't his job'. No doubt accompanied by a Gallic Shrug, I would probably have responded with a swift Swiss Bunch of Fives!
What finally stopped the car was fuel pump failure. This was in addition to failure of the main headlights a couple of laps previously.
Claude said that, after the third failure, Sylvie his wife insisted that he stopped before anything more disastrous happened! The good news is that Claude and 1016 are none the worse for their adventures and will, I'm sure, be back in 2008.
On the magazine delivery problems, we are investigating what could have caused the delay. The magazines were definitely taken to the post on 24 March. When we know why they were not postmarked until 29 March, I will report back.
PS Have you seen Brian's neons? - they really glow!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Just watched the video

If anyone is not a member - time to join and get a copy.

The sound of the double carbs sucking air is amazing
The sound of the Big V8 on song Brilliant
The amount of flex on the nostril pannel amazing
Speed down the straight eye watering - especially in the evening shots - how do they see where they are going?

To the Club Thank you and to Claude an even bigger thank you for allowing the footage to be copied and distributed AND for actually driving an original us lesser mortals are in awe!

Ian

Got back from being away this weekend and it was on the front door. An excellent magazine. my congratulations to the whole team, it is extreamly well produced and put together.

Brett

Got mine on Friday.
This magazine just gets better and better. Thanks to all for a great read and a superb DVD.
Good to see the the Club Display at Stoneleigh Historic Motorsport Show - Chris Notley said his car was to be featured in a forthcoming issue of EVO magazine (?). Any idea when?
Hope to be down to Stoneleigh again in May, but Barbon Hillclimb the next weekend - Two motorsport weekends together - Sensorary overload!!
Cheers,
Geoff.

got mine today:pepper: I always LOVE too much the magazine(arrived home..didnt had dinner to read Frank article...am I nut?)

consider my subscription confirmed to life.

....but no dvd for me:shrug:

received mine thursday 29/3.What a nice magazine and what a bonus this dvd.Thanks especially to Mr Nahum and the club for sending it.How many times can we be on board of a real 7 liter mk 2 ?thanks Emiel

Although we posted out the last issues of No 73 on 24 March, there have been a number of complaints that magazines weren't received until a week later, and then were postmarked 29 March.
I asked our distributor to find out why the envelopes had sat somewhere in a post office for 6 days, and the reason is worth retelling.
Apparently there had been a number of cases of fraud at the main post office, and the investigation people had enough evidence by the middle of March to act. They accordingly closed the main post office for a snap audit, with the result that the surrounding sub-post offices rapidly became overloaded. Our 250 magazines threw the regional office completely out of kilter and it wasn't until the following Thursday that they were able to clear the backlog.
We will continue to keep a close eye on things, and ask that you continue to point out instances of late delivery.

First meet on Wednesday (Surrey), joined on Wednesday got mag on Saturday along with all the other stuff. V impressed.

Also thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome and spent time answering questions showing me their cars etc.

Also met some of the folks at Detling as well as eyeing the RCR 40 for the first time. Superb piece of engineering.

See you at Stonleigh and or at the next Surrey meet.

Grow old disgracefuly

John

Lifetime Supporter
I have been extremely gratified by the reactions to the Le Mans Classic DVd.

I would like to thank all the members that showed their appreciation. It is a great pleasure for me to be able to share these moments with all of you and above all to be able to do something for the GT 40 Enthousiast Club which I believe is doing so much to perpetrate and keep alive the memory of this fantastic car and is so faithfull to it.

I consider it an honor to be one of your members when all I have done is purchase one while most of you have personally spent so much effort in bringing your car to life and are regularly driving it around.

I also fully agree that Fortyfication has turned into a professional and intersting magazine which is extremely well done and published.

Sincere congratulations to all involved in its preparation and publication.

C.nahum

Claude,

Your DVD was a delight to watch, and a very generous gesture to fund each members copy.
I for one sincerly thank you. It is an inspiration.

Claude
Many thanks for your DVD. I am extremely delighted that you gave the oportunity to all the members of seeing and being driven in a real MKII down the Mulsanne Straight.
Will you be coming to the UK in the future? I am sure you would be made most welcome.
Regards Allan

Back