Four Post Lift Recommendation

I’ll need to buy a four post lift before I take delivery of my ERA GT40. The GT will go on the bottom but will occasionally go up top. My car has 1075 flares so there’s quite a difference in width from front to rear.

Anybody been down this road with any input?

The Bendpak HD-9 seems to check the boxes but I’d love to hear any practical considerations. Thanks!
8F2A4E26-BA2A-47C1-8DFC-680003B5D463.jpeg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You'll be happy with a Bendpak HD9.
Go with the standard width as opposed to the "narrow" unit. May as well have all the width you can. 'Never know what you might end up parking 'up top' or underneath one day. ;-)

(I have a Bendpak 'double wide' myself.)

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I have an 8,000lb Direct Lift and very happy with it, yes Chinese made but ALI Certified with all the safety features and has never failed me in the almost 10 years I've had it.

Doug Dyar

Supporter
Love my HD9, too.

Order from Summit Racing and they'll ship it for free!

Recommend the 120 volt model unless you have 240V nearby.

Go to Purplewave.com which is an auction site. There are 4 brand new 2-post lifts just listed located in MN. Might be others listed also in different locations/configurations. If you are in USA.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Tim, how do you drive your GT40 over the arms? I was thinking about a two poster but my SLC is so low it might not clear the arms to load it. Do they swing out of the way? I would need a minimum of 3 inch clearance.

I have a Bendpak HD9 as well in a space so tight that the floor pads touch the wall baseboards fore and aft. It is a great piece. No issues in years of ownership.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Thanks Tim, I will need to really look at my SLC to see if I can use that even with the low profile arms. I sent them a email for more info, thanks again Tim, Howard

I have a All-Car-Park-8 four post 8000lb. lift in my home garage. This became a necessity due to the fact I had four cars and the community I moved to only had three car garages max. The ceiling is just over nine feet high. The garage door tracks and the opener had to changed to accommodate the lift. I have the C5 Corvette residing on the bottom and my CAV 40 residing on the top. Unless you have a really high ceiling, I strongly recommend that the shortest vehicle park on the top. If I reverse the order, it would be impossible to get into the 40. Those who own a 40 understand the entry issue. Note the aircraft style doors on the GT. All 4 cars are in the garage, but it's crowded.

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
I’ll need to buy a four post lift before I take delivery of my ERA GT40. The GT will go on the bottom but will occasionally go up top. My car has 1075 flares so there’s quite a difference in width from front to rear.

Anybody been down this road with any input?

The Bendpak HD-9 seems to check the boxes but I’d love to hear any practical considerations. Thanks!View attachment 97291
Brian I have a HD9 and it does the trick

I have an 8,000lb Direct Lift and very happy with it, yes Chinese made but ALI Certified with all the safety features and has never failed me in the almost 10 years I've had it.

I've also been using a Direct Lift for ~15yrs with 0 issues.

Anybody who says the lift will fail because it's Chinese made is full of shit - I've looked at a lot of "made in America" lifts and they all look suspiciously identical to my Direct Lift. I'm pretty sure 95% of lifts come from 1 Chinese manufacturer and then get re-branded

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I like how on the Amazon site, the Mayflower shows a American flag with the lift. However if you read thru you find this
"
where is this product manufactured ?

Answer:

Our Pro8000 car lift are made in China. But all Mayflower machines are high quality machine.

We control the production lines of factory and orders the quality parts for our machines solely.

Thus, we can ensure that our car lift machines are in reliable and stable quality. Thank you.

If you dig thru the Triumph ad, it is also made in china. Like Alex said, it appears about 95% are made in china.

Regards Brian

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Why would a company market a product with a statement like that? It's to bad we don't have north american made products priced to compete. I think Alex nailed it. I'm good with my HD9. What ever you buy I would buy the bridge jack ( extra ) at the same time.

Back