Getrag 016 Transaxle Assembly Manual

I'm considering changing the ring gear in my AAZ 016 trans. Would like to go to a 2.92 ring gear. I need a manual to assist with the teardown and re-assembly. Anyone out there that has or can point me to obtaining this material.

Previous threads have stated that there is an Australian company making the ring gear. Anyone have any current status on the availability of a 2.92 ring?

I'm considering changing the ring gear in my AAZ 016 trans. Would like to go to a 2.92 ring gear. I need a manual to assist with the teardown and re-assembly. Anyone out there that has or can point me to obtaining this material.

Previous threads have stated that there is an Australian company making the ring gear. Anyone have any current status on the availability of a 2.92 ring?

I believe the 2.92 was a one time run. Might contact Albins in Ozzie to confirm.

Yes you can still get the Albins 2.9 ratio, $2500 aussie dollars. I asked them about 2 weeks ago.
What you can do is get a 944 trans, swap internals to make your 016 into 3.3 ratio , lsd and tougher gears. Julian has done this and i am waiting for my 944 trans to turn up so i can carry out the mod. 944 transaxles are cheap.

The Haynes Audi 5000 manual has a section about the transmission but I don't know if it has all the specs for setting the R&P.

Eric, there are several Haynes Audi manuals for the 70's thru the 80's. Do you know what years and what 5000 (gas or diesel) the 016 was used? Appreciate any help.

Back