Good bye Locost 7 Hello GT40!!

Working on shifter handle.

Attachments

• shifter handle.jpg
    shifter handle.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 483
Shifter rod bushing arrived from McMaster Carr Bored a 1" hole in bracket for bushing.

Attachments

• shifter bushing.jpg
    shifter bushing.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 372
It has been a constructive day. Drilled the bolt circle on one of the rear rotor hats. It fits nicely on the upright for the rear.

Attachments

• hatmill.jpg
    hatmill.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 382
  • reardisc.jpg
    reardisc.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 399
Woo hoo! my pistons and oil pump for my engine arrived today. Friday I received my pilot bearing and retainer from Kennedy Engineering. I also purchased a slave cylinder rebuild kit a few weeks back.

Well I just figured out that I have to throw away my rear wheels or my rear uprights. The uprights I purchased position the radius arms about 3inches inside my wheel. Problem being the wheels only come in one rear offset.

Spent a little time on the shifter today. Opted to do plug welds in attaching shifter tube to yoke

Attachments

• shifteryokedrill.jpg
    shifteryokedrill.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 294
  • shiftertubeandyoke.jpg
    shiftertubeandyoke.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 287
  • shiftertubeyokewelded.jpg
    shiftertubeyokewelded.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 293
This week has been one step forward two back finally the shifter is complete. On to another piece of the puzzle.

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 378
I found out a couple weeks ago my rear uprights I had purchased from a CAV would not work with my wheels. The radius rods mounts were 3" inside the rear wheel.:sad: So building rear uprights was back on the list. Went to pull a part years ago and purchased the drive shafts,stub shafts, hubs, bearing brackets off a 1989 Merkur Scorpio. So I have the bits to get this done. In a couple of lunch hours the register hole is complete in one upright center.

Attachments

• uprightcenter.jpg
    uprightcenter.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 324
  • scorpiobracket.jpg
    scorpiobracket.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 337
Long day today picked up a new 351 windsor block. Thought that 393 may have to go on the back burner but the deal today included pistons to build it.

Dave,
Keep plugging away. You will, get there. You will be surprised by the power that 351 Windsor puts out. Especially at those levels. Yours is very similar to my build. If you are in the Atlanta area before you finish, let me know. I'll take you for a preview drive.

Bill

Working the lathe at work pretty hard. Machined out the backside of the upright center.
Completed it and test fit it on Bearing assembly.
The Merkur Scorpio hub assembly is the same as the Granada parts the U.K builders are using.

Attachments

• machininguprightcenterrear.jpg
    machininguprightcenterrear.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 266
  • completeduprightcenter.jpg
    completeduprightcenter.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 321
Back