Good bye Locost 7 Hello GT40!!

Hi Frank:

I found a Holley carb with an electric choke for $30.00 and a set of heads for $50.00. Also a 3/4" apex joint never been used $10.00. The heads were rebuilt about a hundred miles ago. So the man said. They are really clean so I took the chance.

Best part of the day was this!!!

Attachments

• 0411002058.jpg
    0411002058.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 551
The rear tires arrived this morning. Because I am not 100 percent sure of size and the stance of the car I am trying to attain. I ordered a set of Nexen ns3000 275/40R17. If I have to change sizes it will be less of a hit to the budget.
I worked on the bridgeport mill last night. I think I have my glitches fixed now.

The tires arrived for the rear of the GT. I had them mounted on Friday.

I rolled them under the chassis to see how they look. What do you think?

Attachments

• 0416001748.jpg
    0416001748.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,013

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looks Great

I always liked those wheels ever since I saw them on the Ford GT Prototype...

Soldier on! :thumbsup:

Dave,
Look's good and not bad for a Walmart Tire. Your lucky to run 17" rim. The Nexen in 13" which is the rim size I am running are a bit limited. I may have to go to a Toyo Proxes or Khumo Esta. Twice the money.
Dave

Thank's Guys. I am happy with it so far . The main thing is I am still in my budget window. It is a bit of incentive to keep working when you see what it going to look like.

Had a productive weekend on the GT. I had removed the front suspension so my wife and I could unload it from the trailer when I brought it home. I reinstalled it. I also milled slots in the steering column bracket for up and down adjustment. I also started milling on parts for the rear uprights.
My son in law came over and he sat in the car for the first time. He said it sure is small in here! He really likes the wheels too.

Dave
glad to see you make some progress
so the milling is coming along nicely
But Dave don't let you're son in law sit in there........he should be helping you not sitting

Cheers

Had a productive weekend on the GT. I had removed the front suspension so my wife and I could unload it from the trailer when I brought it home. I reinstalled it. I also milled slots in the steering column bracket for up and down adjustment. I also started milling on parts for the rear uprights.
My son in law came over and he sat in the car for the first time. He said it sure is small in here! He really likes the wheels too.

Hi, Dave, Greetings from China, you have done a great build. Congrets and keeps update.

Done

Have been doing a bit of filling and sanding on the body parts over the last few days. Hoping to get a bit done more over the weekend

It has been a long Hot summer! We had 78 days in the 90's here my northern blood cannot take the heat so I have not accomplished a bit until today. It was 66 and a bit rainy out. I machined some front mounts forthe rear trailing arms today. Looking forward to a nice fall and getting some more done. Good to be back on here.

Sad to report no progress. I started a new business venture in May and It has grown rapidly,but it has been taking up much of my GT free time.

Hi, Dave, just finished reading of your whole thread. great work! keep up and take care!
Done from China is watch you as the other GT40s, haha........

Hey Guys know it has been a while. I am working on a rod style shifter at the moment. Does anyone have a measurment of how tall the shifter lever is?

I finally decided what I am doing with my 351 windsor block.

I ordered a 3.850 stroker crank so it will be a 393 stroker for The GT. Compression will be about 10:1 with Flat top pistons.
I also now have recieved a set of headlights from the U.K Thanks Glenn.

Here is the blank of the shifter handle I have been working on. It will be a rod stlye shifter when done.

Attachments

• cp1_0502011243.jpg
    cp1_0502011243.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 322
Back