Good bye Locost 7 Hello GT40!!

Last wire run battery has been connected Yahoo!!!!! No smoke so far:pepper:
Key switch works,Gauge lights work, Tachometer turns on, Electric fans run when bypass switch is on.Fuel gauges move. Tomorrow fuel pump test, starter test, ignition test

I love the testing stage, the smile on your face as the car slowly comes alive circuit by circuit. Enjoy Mate you have done a fantastic job.

The starter works fine, ignition works, fuel pump would not work so I ran a jumper. Ran to gas station to get some racing Fuel.
First time I bought racing fuel since 1997
Yikes $7.15 a gallon.
Got home stuck fuel pump hose in the jug.
Holley Carb filled fuel ran out by the accelerator pump.
Changed the accelerator pump fuel still ran out by accelerator pump.
Bowl gasket was bad. Engine turned over back fired badly out exhaust had distributor 180 out. Fixed that engine roared to lifeNow I will add coolant tomorrow and see if I can get her to idle and

The starter works fine, ignition works, fuel pump would not work so I ran a jumper. Ran to gas station to get some racing Fuel.
First time I bought racing fuel since 1997
Yikes $7.15 a gallon.
Got home stuck fuel pump hose in the jug.
Holley Carb filled fuel ran out by the accelerator pump.
Changed the accelerator pump fuel still ran out by accelerator pump.
Bowl gasket was bad. Engine turned over back fired badly out exhaust had distributor 180 out. Fixed that engine roared to lifeNow I will add coolant tomorrow and see if I can get her to idle and

For the sake of the camshaft I would not worry about the idle until you have around 15/20 minutes of ~2500 RPM time on it.

Randy:

Thanks for the comment on the battery. This is the first time I had ever used a lithium iron phosphate battery. I was totally impressed with the performance of Aliant X-8 as I was testing and cranking the engine.

Been a long while since I have posted. I was fortunate to meet Bill M. this weekend. It was great to spend some time chatting about 40s.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome back Dave - Good to read you again! Hope all is well with you and yours...

Moving forward again. Ordered cladding today went with gloss Black and white. A couple weeks ago I cut out the wind shield opening and set wind shield in place. Most importantly I added a Blue Oval Key Fob to the GT Keys:thumbsup:

Started cutting and fitting the chassis cladding. Hoping to have some steady progress over the next few months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 565
Been working on getting the body mounted. Aargh!! It is not an easy task. Think I got the spider in position tonight. Getting an ok gap on the front clip around the front of the spider.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Keep after it Dave... It was one of the most frustrating parts of my build..

Making the center console out of fiberglass. I had seen this technique in a video for building custom speaker boxes. Laminating a flat sheet of fiberglass on a piece of tempered glass from an old end table.
Wax with mould wax a couple coats and it comes right off. You can trim it with a razor knife when it starts to harden if you would like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 434
Been working on a small metal brake to help with the bending of the chassis cladding. Also working on the door hinges.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good idea on making flat-stock fiberglass!
Making tools counts!!!

Started the day off making rear clip hinges.

Ended the day with rear clip mounted on the chassis with the hinges

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 307
Here are some pics of making the rear clip hinges. I scaled a photo using the hinge bushing size of 1". I enlarged the photo on my iPad. Traced the photo and made a pattern. Dykem on the aluminum and center punched the hole locations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 386
Back