Grant's SL-C Build tread

after spending a few weeks on body work, I sent the car to a friend of mine Ken Raichel to get the body fitting closer to perfect. Ken might be one the the best body guys in Western Canada I was lucky to have been able to get him to work on it as he's very much in demand 90 hours later he had it in Primer and looking like it should. I will take it back to him for the final sand and paint.

What's all that white stuff on the ground?

after spending a few weeks on body work, I sent the car to a friend of mine Ken Raichel to get the body fitting closer to perfect. Ken might be one the the best body guys in Western Canada I was lucky to have been able to get him to work on it as he's very much in demand 90 hours later he had it in Primer and looking like it should. I will take it back to him for the final sand and paint.

Grant, looks great as does everything you have done one this car :thumbsup: WOW, 90 hours of professional labor plus your labor just to prep the body for paint....so much for building an SL-C for the price of a new Corvette :laugh:

Happy New Year,

Jim

I made a new much better fitting front wiring harness with a coupler to help make it easier to pull the front end off.
made a quick coupler for the front brake air duct as well nothing to disconnect
they just slip together.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 516
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 532
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 504
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 545
Grant:

Nice idea. :pleased:

Please let us know the part number for the connector. Is that connector weather rated as well?

Also, do you have drawings for the brake duct brackets and a supplier for the brake ducting? I assume that you buy this type of material from Pegasus or another site? What size duct are you using? It looks like (3 inch)?

Thank you,
Aaron Hamilton

Hi Aaron,
for the connector companys name is Newark element, part numbers are
1 req 46F1149
1 req 46F1150
2 req 76K2522-Clamp
7 req 52K3913-PINS
7 req 52K3480-SOCKETS
The air duct and mounts to front brakes I bought from Toby at CRC racing,
the front and mid connector I made, have no drawings but they are simple to do.
Cheers,

Ooh, another Calgary member. Let me know if you're planning a mini-meet. I'd love to see one of the cars in the flesh.

My apologies for not finding the time to plan a visit Grant. After a rotation on site and the prospect of a seven hour drive home I couldn't face stopping in Edmonton for anything other than gas.

I would like to thank grant for allowing me and my girlfriend the opportunity to come take a peek at his slc! you car is something i can only hope to come close to someday and my girlfriend got annoyed at me talking about it the whole way back to calgary. keep up the solid work!

It was my pleasure Bryce come back when its done I take you both for a rip in it, after that she might be the one talking about it all the way home lol. It will be a fun car for sure Take Care.
Cheers,
Grant

Made up new Alum rear inner wheel wells, the passenger side needed to be modified for clearance due to the exhaust being further back on that side of the engine.

Attachments

• rear inner wheel well 1.jpg
    rear inner wheel well 1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 521
  • rear inner wheel well 2.jpg
    rear inner wheel well 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 478
  • rear inner wheel well 3.jpg
    rear inner wheel well 3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 476
  • rear inner wheel well 4.jpg
    rear inner wheel well 4.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 446
  • rear inner wheel well 5.jpg
    rear inner wheel well 5.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 529
just started messing with the car again. I extended the scoopes inwards an extra 1.5"
and made the screens for the side vents used a SS woven wire mesh.
Then made some brackets to hold the small fans at the back to help extact the hot air out of the engine bay.

Attachments

• side vents.jpg
    side vents.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 487
  • fan brackets.jpg
    fan brackets.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 464
  • rear fans.jpg
    rear fans.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 1,372
After many hours of fiberglassing, shaping, re-fiberglassing and reshaping I finally got the covers to fit the led tail lights. Still some tweeking to do but they should look ok after the paint go's on.

Attachments

• tail light cover.jpg
    tail light cover.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 580
  • tail end.jpg
    tail end.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 632
Builds looking good Grant! I recently moved to Fort McMurray Canada from Houston Texas for work essentially putting my SLC plans on hold for a few years as I don't have a garage here to build one. (Home with garage would cost me excess of $700,000 here) How far off are you from completion? I sure would like to have a look at it one day.

Builds looking good Grant! I recently moved to Fort McMurray Canada from Houston Texas for work essentially putting my SLC plans on hold for a few years as I don't have a garage here to build one. (Home with garage would cost me excess of $700,000 here) How far off are you from completion? I sure would like to have a look at it one day.

Hi Dave,
Fort Mac, yes, is an expensive place to live for sure :(
If I gaver hell for a month I could have it done just lots of small stuff to do now. The custom seats are in the upholsterers, once there done we will match up the console, doors and Dash for their bits and pieces and the interior will pretty much be finished, then Its the A/C to do and then back to the body shop for paint.
I drove it around the block to see if will clear the manhole covers and driveway slopes and it does but just barely lol. Edmonton Has the worst streets on the planet, so I m not sure where I will beable to driver it once its done. The Moab jeep Fran is building would be tested it is limits here.
Cheers,
Grant

Back