Gratitude

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Here in the center of U.S.A. our biggest problem appears to be Somalian refugees...a few years ago a woman was raped by three Somalians on a street corner as they were waiting for a bus.
If this sort of behavior was acceptable where they came from, they really need to have some cultural "education"... to help them understand our customs and values :idea: !

Cheers!!!

Doug

In that culture they are just considered property. In Saudi they are listed on the back of a mans ID card

Keith

This tactic has been widely used before and seems to have originated in Egypt & mainly Cairo during the so-called "Arab Spring" disturbances. Strangely, it appears to have been pioneered by the Police.

It is a culture problem and raises all kinds of concerns for many, including our German colleagues which is completely understandable. That said, I do not believe the issue merits further discussion in the Paddock as the outcomes of such "debates" are entirely foreseeable and will not result in anything like workable solutions..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Deleted my observation...profound as it may have been/was. :sleep:

(I just read post #4 and decided 'why bother'...)

Last edited:

Keith

I largely agree with your observation Larry, even though you deleted it. (I have ways). Personally, it boils down to the Euro (and perhaps pan Western) concept of 'multiculturalism' - actually a Trojan Horse and straw title for an economic strategy which has clearly & comprehensively failed although the seeds thus far sown will result in a bitter crop indeed for our future generations. If you previously objected of course, you were deemed 'racist' or somesuch by virtue of laws that had been conveniently and in some cases, stealthily passed onto the statute books while you were busy putting your snout in the trough along with everyone else. We must remember to blame ourselves in equal shares.

As for us, there's little we can do now except appeal directly to our elected and electable representatives. We seem to spend far more time uselessly banging on via anonymous and irrelevant forums than we do expressing ourselves to those that can actually make a difference.

It's about time the people made their voices heard.

That said, I reiterate that the Paddock is not the place for it.

I largely agree with your observation Larry, even though you deleted it. (I have ways). Personally, it boils down to the Euro (and perhaps pan Western) concept of 'multiculturalism' - actually a Trojan Horse and straw title for an economic strategy which has clearly & comprehensively failed although the seeds thus far sown will result in a bitter crop indeed for our future generations. If you previously objected of course, you were deemed 'racist' or somesuch by virtue of laws that had been conveniently and in some cases, stealthily passed onto the statute books while you were busy putting your snout in the trough along with everyone else. We must remember to blame ourselves in equal shares.

As for us, there's little we can do now except appeal directly to our elected and electable representatives. We seem to spend far more time uselessly banging on via anonymous and irrelevant forums than we do expressing ourselves to those that can actually make a difference.

It's about time the people made their voices heard.

That said, I reiterate that the Paddock is not the place for it.

Masterpiece as usual keith :)

The paddock and its views may well make no difference but its nice to share views here , to think for one minute ones opinions would be received and acted upon by our vote harvesting elected is little short of disillusionary. Until that changes long live places like this where we can at least vent our angst .

Bob

Keith

I agree it would be nice Bob but only in theory. Experience has proven that things will go downhill rapidly. If people want to rant that's fine - there are a million suitable blogs, but not here.

Remember that we are separated by a common language... :)

My take on events is that it's going to get ugly, soon, and when it does, I'd like to think we can stand shoulder to shoulder with friends we have made across oceans - not be reluctant to open the forum in case of something that has been said in haste and without empathy...

I agree it would be nice Bob but only in theory. Experience has proven that things will go downhill rapidly. If people want to rant that's fine - there are a million suitable blogs, but not here.

Remember that we are separated by a common language... :)

My take on events is that it's going to get ugly, soon, and when it does, I'd like to think we can stand shoulder to shoulder with friends we have made across oceans - not be reluctant to open the forum in case of something that has been said in haste and without empathy...

So if we keep it clean we are good to go then Keef ???:laugh:

Bob

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...(I have ways).

As does every other "moderator" on every forum everywhere. 'Ditto regarding "P.M.s" (they're not even close to being "private").

The age-old advice, 'Never post anything on the 'net you wouldn't want to see posted on the side of a barn located beside a major freeway", is stellar advice. :smartass:

Keith

Haha that's funny Larry. Nothing complex nothing underhand and no moderator has access to PM's. I have a mail preview program that allows me to view mail on the mail server before I decide to download it via Outlook for example. It's a great way of ensuring nothing remotely suspicious gets anywhere near my computer. As soon as you post, forum sends an email and it ends up in the preview software and even if you subsequently delete it, it's still there so that's how I came to read it mate...

Anyway I'm off now. Spent the day in hospital yesterday having part of my right foot removed and I'm sitting here with a great big throbbing lump on the end of my leg. Have to go and put it up now... :)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Haha that's funny Larry. Nothing complex nothing underhand and no moderator has access to PM's.

I have no doubt what you've said is true in your case............regarding here.

However, according to a couple of 'tech nerds' I've known for years (one of which sold his 'social media' outfit for...uh...'mucho dinero' a couple years ago), say 'tis not true on all forums. Moderators are given the "keys" to where ever the site's "owner(s)" wants them to have access for whatever reason.

'Sorry to hear about your 'flipper'. 'Hope that quits bugging you SOON. (What a lousy way to start the new year...)

Last edited:

Keith

Thank you for the kind words guys, even you Jack! The Christmas and New Years period is definitely not a happy one for many people. My own experiences pale in comparison with those less fortunate people with serious terminal illnesses and find themselves incarcerated in hospitals and the like. They are definitely not the right place to be even if you are ill as the length of your stay determines whether you will ever be "free" again...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I'll try to say this respectfully as I can.

Keith, first, hope you recover well and quickly.

Second, if you add up the sexual assaults that occur on US college campuses every day, I suspect it would be close to that mess in Cologne (which of course was wrong). So while I understand why it's being done, I'm not sure it is entirely accurate to say "immigrant" is the route cause of this, when in fact young males around the world engage in this type of behavior frequently.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm not sure it is entirely accurate to say "immigrant" is the route cause of this, when in fact young males around the world engage in this type of behavior frequently.

Okay. That just cannot go w/o comment. It HAS TO BE challenged a wee bit.

When has there E-V-E-R been "at least 90 criminal complaints to police about the harassment by gangs" filed following a New Years "celebration" in ONE TOWN anywhere - especially wherein ALL THE PERPS were similarly described...and said description fit "immigrant"/"refugee" newcomers to a "T"??? Additionally, where have there been attacks that "appear to have been organized"...attacks wherein..."Around 1,000 young men arrived in large groups, seemingly with the specific intention of carrying out attacks on women"...wherein, again, the perps were all similarly described?

If it LOOKS like a duck, WALKS like a duck, FLIES like a duck, SWIMS like a duck and QUACKS like a duck - it's a DUCK. One CAN BE "sure" of that.

'Twould seem that you, Cologne Mayor Reker, and Philly Mayor Kenney all have equal difficulty when it comes to recognizing/grasping the intuitively obvious...possibly because the glasses each of you wear share the same 'prescription'?

That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
thirty seconds of searching:

After the San Francisco Giants won against the Kansas City Royals in the 2014 World Series, fans set fires, vandalized buses and police cars, shattered windows of businesses, scrawled graffiti, and threw bottles at police. Two people were shot, one person was stabbed, and a police officer was badly hurt from fireworks exploding. 40 arrests were made

that was a bunch of white males were all the perps were "similarly described" as white males in brown and white shirts and hats with similar logos.....

I can keep going if you wish.

Back