Grounded in self isolation

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Reading through the posts and am glad all seem to be well. I have had some great seat time.

Again, all the best of health to everyone! Can't wait till this gets closer to normal.

I am with you on all counts, Dan. So far we've had no direct virus impact and appreciate how lucky that makes us.

In addition, I have also been practicing social distancing with my neighbor Butch as we've been out to enjoy the countryside three times in the last 7 days trying to get away from each other. I figure practice makes perfect...

I again feel very lucky to be minimally impacted so far. Fingers are crossed that we all remain that way.

I hope everyone is staying safe and there's some sort of breakthrough quickly.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I am with you on all counts, Dan. So far we've had no direct virus impact and appreciate how lucky that makes us.

In addition, I have also been practicing social distancing with my neighbor Butch as we've been out to enjoy the countryside three times in the last 7 days trying to get away from each other. I figure practice makes perfect...

I again feel very lucky to be minimally impacted so far. Fingers are crossed that we all remain that way.

I hope everyone is staying safe and there's some sort of breakthrough quickly.

"Dr. Ali Mokdad, the physician behind the influential coronavirus pandemic model at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, told Fox News Friday that "the worst is behind us as a country."" (- FOX News)

...but, if memory serves, the "U-dub's" original pandemic model was waaaaaay off the mark (far too high) in its initial infections/deaths predictions/estimates...so...we might want to take this declaration with a grain of salt.

RICK,

TRY THIS MASK..IT SHOULD KEEP PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOU

1586653405975.png

What part of the States are you all from, what we see here down in NewZealand is that some of your major cities (NY) are being nailed. We are very fortunate in that we are surrounded by a moat a few thousand kilometers wide (Tasman and Pacific) and we have finally closed the borders. ALL incoming people are now put into isolation for 14 days regardless and our case numbers are dropping substantially meaning we may soon be able to lift some of the restrictions. Food is in plentiful supply so no one is going hungry. This whole `deal` has cost thousands of jobs and completely the tourist industry so we will be a while getting back to what ever will become normal. Shed time has become one of my mental saviors, keeping me occupied.
We have all just got to get on with what ever we are left with and just hope for an early vaccine. Those working the front line all need recognition, without them we would be buggered. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL.
Russell

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
In the middle of lower Michigan. Kinda like BFE. Nearest town has a population of 652. I live outside of town by Metro airport. There is one plane in a hanger :)

Regards Brian

Ive had many courses of chloroquine while working in New Guinea in the early nineties to treat Maleria, cant remember any major side effects.
cheers John

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The CDC here in the U.S. is now warning of a second wave of C-19 later this year and 'are saying it could be more deadly.

Well, great. Just when we're beginning to see the light at the end of the current C-19 tunnel - let's throw gasoline on the 'panic fire' to keep it roaring well into next year.

As wrong as all the "experts" have been to date, pardon me if I'm becoming a bit of a skeptic.

Obviously, I must need my morning coffee...

Back