Gt 40 steering wheel badge

Jimmy look really nice. Was it cast, 3D printed, or ? How do you plan to do the chrome bits? My son wants to try making a silicone mold. Almost all of the resin because they are set with UV used in 3D printers tend to yellow over time. There are UV blocking coatings that could be used but I'm not sure how well they would work. There are injection mold material that don't yellow. But that's a next level thing. I was a tool and die maker in another life in a shop that made injection molds so I could make one but only as a last resort. There's a reason they are so expensive.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Jimmy look really nice. Was it cast, 3D printed, or ? How do you plan to do the chrome bits? My son wants to try making a silicone mold. Almost all of the resin because they are set with UV used in 3D printers tend to yellow over time. There are UV blocking coatings that could be used but I'm not sure how well they would work. There are injection mold material that don't yellow. But that's a next level thing. I was a tool and die maker in another life in a shop that made injection molds so I could make one but only as a last resort. There's a reason they are so expensive.
Richard - long time no see friend.
I am afraid that these were not by my hand and they were originally made by Racing Icons for a restoration.

Back