GT3 Jensen Beach Florida

I have had dealing with Clasic Motor Cars - All I can say is that I believe there are better alternatives. My recomendation is to establish your budget, both financial and time. Then contact some of the people who are building GT40's and the varrious manufactures, especially the ones that are active on the this forum.

Please feel free to contact me and I can you you input on my experience.

G

Veek, this is John Donelley former constructor of the Sabre GT40 MkI replica. John has made numberous improvements to the chassis and has a whole brand new set of molds from which this MK III look alike is being built. Due to changes in road rules in England, John has departed from the classic rear clip design and has made the area over the engine open in a manner similar to hatch back sports cars. I have seen his prototype several times and must say I was very impressed with the evolution in the quality of the components over the Sabre which was built form tooling purchased at a tax sale of the defunct Integrity Motor Cars. (I am in the final stages of construction of a Sabre.) John has quite a history in the automotive/racing world having worked with Jaguar and Brabham Racing. He has been building replicas and one-offs for a number of years starting in South Africa with his own designs and Cobras. He is a very personable fellow and if you are interested, I would give him a call.

Drop me a line if you would like to discuss this further or have any specific questions.

Pat

Supporter
Jay, Lynn,

Thanks for the follow ups. Your insights are valuable. Since I go to South Florida quite a bit for work, I'll pop over to Jensen Beach and have a look.

Again thanks,
Veek

Pat

Supporter
I've come across a GT40 site that offers a roadster version called the GT3. The company is called GT3 based in Jensen Beach Florida. I seem to recollect that this may have been the redo of what used to be the Classic Motor Car Co.
Has anyone had experience with them or this car?
Like others, I'd like to find a '40 but my range is about that of a new Corvette.

Thanks
Veek

Back