GT40 Manufacturers, how many?

Is there a list or can someone whip up a list of manufacturers? Where they are...how long in business, how many cars have been built/sold, etc...

Also, are there GT40's that are the same product offered by different companies and sold under different names, like some cobras??

Thanks.

John

Your request is a tall order. I'll give it my best shot and let others add/clarify what I provide

In England there is Tornado Motorsports and MDA. Tornado has been in business making GT40's since 1981 I believe. MDA is relatively new. I'm not sure when they started...maybe 2000?

In the USA there is ERA in New Britain, Conn; Race Car Replicas in Detroit and Premier Motorsports in Kansas.

ERA has been making GT40's since 1981. RCR began selling cars earlier this year. I don't know much about Premier.

In Australia, there is DRB and Roaring Forties. CAV is located in South Africa.

Cheers
Bill D

Rune

Supporter
I belive that you have forgot GOX Teknik - Göran Olsson he lives in sweden the add. www.sportscar.se
I have done several visits to his factory, and will buy my project from him.
regards Rune

What about GT40NA and GT40 Austraila, are these cars the same?

What about Extreme Classics (the one that starts with an ERA and juices it up and charges you $300,000US)

Thanks.

John

[ QUOTE ]
What about GT40NA and GT40 Austraila, are these cars the same?

Thanks.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. GT40 Australia is DRB, the one and the same. They are largest Cobra manufacturer supplying Australia and I expect would be very close with Roaring Forties as largest supplier of GT40's here as well. Actually thinking about it, DRB probably supply more cars locally than RF. RF would supply more cars internationally.

There are a lot of good replica manufacturers around, they all offer something different and you really have to find what suits you.

I chose DRB(GT40 Australia) replica for various reasons and very happy with the decision. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What about Southern GT's they are based on the south coast of the UK, and have spent two years developing their car.

Only now are they happy with all the r&d work involved, and are ready to release their products onto the market place.

Back