GT40 Manufacturers

Hi Bob.

Yes, I have spoken to Owen, and he is a very helpful guy. I have not seen one of their cars in real life, actually, I have not seen any GT40 ever, except the one I was fortunate enough to ride in (1030) many years ago.

Hi Maily,
I'm in Sydney and I own RF134. Almost regoed just need to pass emissions. PM me if interested to have a look.
Bob

Hi Maily,

There are many manufacturers out there who appear to offer great products. Many of those manufacturers also appear to have a very good repore (sp) with their customers and in most cases on this forum as well. If the forum helps you to make an educated purchase decision then it has done it's job well.

At the end of the day you make your choice, pays your money and quite rightly expect to get a certain service and degree of respect. It appears this may have gone amiss in a couple of instances noted above.

Personally, I have a RF GT40 (chassis #35) that I built in the old Robert Logan days and to be honest didn't have any bad dealings with him and always got good service. (I know the recent history is somehat dubious though)

Since completion of my car four years ago, I have required some parts which were purchased from the "New RF". Now, I am in Perth WA (The other side of the country) and have had nothing but excellent service and very prompt responses from Owen and Paul.

Likewise another builder here is doing his RF car with a 4.6 modular motor and has also had nothing but excellent service from the new RF.

I honestly do not think you would be disapointed in purchasing a kit, parts or anything else from the new RF.

Just my .02c worth.

Hi Maily,
I'm in Sydney and I own RF134. Almost regoed just need to pass emissions. PM me if interested to have a look.
Bob

Hey Bob

Got the car registered yet? What are your impressions of the new RF. I was looking at their cars seriously a few years ago, but got side tracked by work (and have since learnt Robert Logan has done the runner). Just wondering about quality of current cars, support and NSW ease of registration.

Im also looking at DRB as another possibility.

Regards
Nik

On reflection of my previous post I wouldn't be to quick to discount DRB, Customer service is a small part of a build ,I for one would like to see Peter Ransom take an interest in the forum and post accordingly.
Look at all the cars and make your own mind up. Some people are
better at body and prep others are mechanically inclined. The kits reflect this as some are better in areas that others are not.

The problem with selling these cars IMHO is that these Guys are selling dreams, My dream of how a GT40 should be sold and what level of quality
I should receive is different to what someone else would expect.Maybe we get carried away and over excited about issues, I know I was like a cat on a hot tin roof when choosing my car. The forum also has trends
and it seems RCR is the flavour at the moment but I remember when RF was the king of swing.

Look at the cars that have been built by the Pros on the forum (don't look at mine) and you will see that each manufactures car turns out pretty bloody good. I see great examples of DRB's / RCR's / Tornado's and RF's.
There are others aswell. Anyway good luck with your GT40 journey.

Is there a post or other pointer (article, etc.) to a Comprehensive Comparison of the top GT40 manufacturer's offerings?

I'm in the market and would love to see a comparison of performance, handling, design, features, build quality, price, etc, ... I'm sure I'm not alone in this quest. Thanks in advance for the help.

Keith

Is there a post or other pointer (article, etc.) to a Comprehensive Comparison of the top GT40 manufacturer's offerings?

I'm in the market and would love to see a comparison of performance, handling, design, features, build quality, price, etc, ... I'm sure I'm not alone in this quest. Thanks in advance for the help.

That book hasn't been written yet, but it would a fascinating "bit" of research for sure.....

Any advice you will get James, will be subjective and you really have to do your own research and make up your own mind taking on board owners/manufacturers comments....

Back