GT40 Mk1

Randy V

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Aluminum is an excellent conductor or heat - I would leave it alone.. If you're concerned about it's shine sowing through the grill, I would put an expanded metal screen in front of it painted flat black..

Hi john

Just to say nice work.
I will have to get back to my car in the New Year

Happy New Year

regards

Chris.

Randy V

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
John - So good of you to return to posting here... I was wondering where you got off to!

I continue to remain in awe of your craftsmanship... Those spindles are TOPS!!

John, did you make the spindles yourself? Start with some steel tube and lathe up the various tapers? Weld on the flange for the pin drive pins?

What are you using for a mill? Bridgeport manual or with digital readout and power drive? Lathe? LeBlonde or similar?

John, did you make the spindles yourself? Start with some steel tube and lathe up the various tapers? Weld on the flange for the pin drive pins?

What are you using for a mill? Bridgeport manual or with digital readout and power drive? Lathe? LeBlonde or similar?
Hi thoses spindels are machined out of 130mm solid round, there was heaps of swaff

yes we have a bridgeport with dro and a new lathe with 52mm spindel bore and dro and a photo of my home made cnc profile cutter, I am very fortunate I have an understanding wife and a big shed

Attachments

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Surplus SW pumps seem to be in short supply. There is an Italian fuel filter called a Filter-King that looks quite like the FISPA filter-regulator unit. They are available through Demon Tweeks Motorsport, Motorcycle, Car Modifying, Parts and Accessories,Sparco, Arai, or whatever their web site is. I bought one here through Moss Motors and it seems a reasonable copy of the FISPA. The FISPA is available through Re-Originals, Inc. - Restoration Headquarters but costs three times as much and I don't know if it is the correct one for a GT40, they made several units of different conformations.

After tea tonight Barbara went out to mow the lawns, so I went to the shed and made these vent clamps, other than a cople of stops to repair a broken throtle spring and a recoil jam on the mower, two and a half hours and $30 later we have a pair
(thanks Brian for the loan of one to copy)

Attachments

Nice work John. Both with regard to the vent clamps....and getting your wife to do the mowing while you have some fun in the shed.

Where do you find wives like that??? Or have you already renovated the kitchen with granite benchtops?

Anyway, at least you are currently free to work in your shed.

Dalton

after a busy two weeks I have got back in the shed over the weekend and with the help of a friend we both got into making the headers, now 1.75" so I have a spere set of collectors I had made for 1.625" also done some on the dash,

any info on IR EFI and setup would be of interest, I want the IDA look but think I will fit injection under the carbs still considering my options

Attachments

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Those are nice looking gauges, John!
:thumbsup:

after a busy two weeks I have got back in the shed over the weekend and with the help of a friend we both got into making the headers, now 1.75" so I have a spere set of collectors I had made for 1.625" also done some on the dash,

any info on IR EFI and setup would be of interest, I want the IDA look but think I will fit injection under the carbs still considering my options