GT40 MkIV eye candy from SAAC 36

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You know, the CHEAP part of one of these (if such a word could apply) would be the 427 side-oiler engine block to put in it... everything else would be more. A lot more.

Lots of fun and thanks for posting these... does the bronze one have an engine in it?

I like the E&F decals on the blue one's valve covers. I can't believe the engine can breathe through those dinky holes on the sides of the plastic box. Is that the only fresh air source for the carburetors?

With a V8 at any given time there is no more than a total of two inlet valves completely open at any one time, so those two perspex tubes of the airbox @ approx 2.5" + dia are more than adequate in area to feed the air reqd

For those of you that were at the GT40 anniversary meeting at 'Road America'? a year or so ago, the tent in background of this pic had the Teske/Jerico/T44 on display in partially assembled form on the table in LH side.:thumbsup:pity you all seemed to miss it.....

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
For those of you that were at the GT40 anniversary meeting at 'Road America'? a year or so ago, the tent in background of this pic had the Teske/Jerico/T44 on display in partially assembled form on the table in LH side.:thumbsup:pity you all seemed to miss it.....

J16 Fran's car was the RA display unit. AT RA he told me it would be done in 120 days. That was July 2009, he just got the car. He also has needed a fair bit of fettle to make it work. He suffered a 107 octane shower inside the car during laps. But all will be sorted and the car will go on to turn fuel into smoke and noise................

Back