GT40 scratch build

surely that's for identifying an engine code (ie what the engine is, where it was built etc) and not for the individual engine. If two cars came off the assembly line they would be stamped with individual engine numbers to differentiate one from another even if their "casting" and "engine code" numbers were the same?
Simon

surely that's for identifying an engine code (ie what the engine is, where it was built etc) and not for the individual engine. If two cars came off the assembly line they would be stamped with individual engine numbers to differentiate one from another even if their "casting" and "engine code" numbers were the same?
Simon

The BOM (Bill Of Material) would be far too complex to manage. It is built by using the part and the the part has a line of usage. You only attribute by the line of usage against the VIN.

Sorry for the thread deviation

I've been looking for some Wilwood Brake Calipers for the Granada Discs. The discs are 260mm (10.23") in diameter and are 24mm thick

Does anyone know of a Wilwood Caliper that will be most suited?

Im going to put brakes on hold for now, lets look at suspension. Seems theres lots of options in this area.

Anyone know what is going to be the bast set up for both road and track use?

Hope thay are ok, they look alot like the fiat lights but hard to tell weather they are the same size off a photo.

We hope to use GAZ shocks, does anyone know if they produce a suitable shock absorber for the gt40's?

I've talked to the technical guys at Wilwood, they have suggested that we use the 4-piston Dynalite or Dynapro calipers with our Granada Scorpio Discs.

We are also using 0.65 Tilton master cylinders which are already fitted to the pedal box.

I also hope to get a price from Southern GT this week for the adaptor plate, steering column and the fuel tanks and a price for the radiator from Docking Engineering.

So hopefully is shouldn't be long before we start work again on the car.

Not sure what size brake and fuel pipes i will need though.....any ideas?

Thanks for that Martin.

Can you recommend a suspension system?
Our rear uprights are a similar design to the original design and we are using the Granada front uprights.

We would like to use AP brakes although it would have to be at the right price.

AP are twice the price of Wilwoods and i think wilwoods will be fine for what we want to use the car for.

Although if some AP calipers come along at a good price am sure we'll be interested.

Nathan,
Firstly, I live in Essex and the factory is a mere 5 mins drive from where I work.

Secondly, my car isn't built and on the road so I don't know how it handles yet.

Thirdly, there is no prescribed system. I bought just the shocks from them and gave them the specifications. They were kind enough to also make them with a slightly thicker rod (14mm). I have have just their basic shocks with singlt adjust. I bought them, as I had heard good feedback from their normal systems and they were competitively priced against AVO etc. Ultimately I will probably spend a bit on springs once the car is on the road trying out different rates, or even using a cobimation of springs like some memebers do with the the Eibach springs.

Brett

Back