GT40 Steering Wheel Emblem...

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Mike

Not sure what the diameter is. I would have to check after Christmas. The cost is £80 for both the aluminium boss and badge.

Mike

Yes its a coloured self adhesive vynil. This is what has been used on all of our cars since 1989.

We have looked into an exact replica boss years ago but its simply not worth the effort due to the cost and the very low volume of sales that would result.

Everyone seems happy with what we offer especially when you give them the costs.

Thanks

Andy

Charlie Farley

Supporter
The reproduction of the Original Steeringwheel badge is in stock.

Would any of you in the USA be interested in organising a 'Group Buy' ?
As i'm sure I could negotiate an interesting discount on an order of 10 or more...
Anyway, several US based owners expressed an interest on this thread.
Please contact me if interested.
Thanks.

Attachments

• GT40 Original Steeringwheel Emblem.jpg
    GT40 Original Steeringwheel Emblem.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 590
  • Steeringwheel Badge.jpg
    Steeringwheel Badge.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 670
The reproduction of the Original Steeringwheel badge is in stock.

Would any of you in the USA be interested in organising a 'Group Buy' ?
As i'm sure I could negotiate an interesting discount on an order of 10 or more...
Anyway, several US based owners expressed an interest on this thread.
Please contact me if interested.
Thanks.

What is the size of the button? Is it sized to fit Momo?

Also, is the button set up to act as a horn button?

Thanks.

Charlie,
I may be interested but would like more detail on the dimensions. Can you provide the outside diameter and the inside diameter of the step flanged, and the overall thickness of the bezel.

Thanks,

Tom

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Morning Guys,

Firstly, I cannot guarantee that this badge will fit any wheel, other than an original, that also excludes Moto Lita. However, compared to the obstacles overcome by other members on this site, on their cars, I would hesitate to say that machining an existing bezel to enable the badge to fit most wheels won't be rocket science...
Sizes as follows :

Overall outside diameter : 2.552 " / 65.00 mm
Step to step diameter : 2.342 " / 59.50 mm
Maximum thickness at Step 0.270 " / 6.90 mm

I hope that helps.

Hi

I would like to buy a badge and bezel from you. I sent an email to your link on your web page but no reply. Please let me know if you can supply as I need asap.

Cheers
Dave

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Dave,

I will be going to the post office tomorrow, to get shipping costs.
Will mail you tomorrow. I would advise using your existing bezel
and machine it to allow the badge to fit. that would seem to be
the cheapest option.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Is there really no one in the USA ready to co ordinate a bulk buy, I find that stunning, seeing as a whole bunch of you were 'gung - ho' about the possibility of this part becoming available at a 25% discount on what Fran Kress was offering.
I'm even prepared to offer a further discount on and above that, if someone can get their act together. What sort of message are you guys sending out, when interest is shown to have the part manufactured, then total silence....
I can't see that lending itself to encouraging further attempts at the investment in both time and money, to make parts.
Can you ????

I'd be happy to serve as the USA distributor for these things, so long as I didn't actually have to spend the money up front to establish inventory?

You could send me, say, a dozen of them, and then when USA customers wanted one, they would pay you and give their shipping info, you could then tell me and I would take one from the box and ship it to them. Would that work for you?

I understand what you are saying and you have a valid point!

That said, brow beating potential customers isn't exactly how it's done here in the US so I don't know if it will help or not. :)

Anyway, I might be interested in one myself if I knew the approximate cost and could make it work with my wheel, but I am not sure it that is possible. It's a Momo so it has the small button. The specs are as follows:

Top = 58mm Diameter
Bottom = 52mm Diameter
Height = 19mm

So it looks like it would need to be turned down and something added (aluminum probably) to build up the height. Could be possible maybe but not easy.

Great looking part though so it could be worth the effort.

Anyone ever turned something like this down? Wondering if the acrylic would crack.

Is there really no one in the USA ready to co ordinate a bulk buy, I find that stunning, seeing as a whole bunch of you were 'gung - ho' about the possibility of this part becoming available at a 25% discount on what Fran Kress was offering.
I'm even prepared to offer a further discount on and above that, if someone can get their act together. What sort of message are you guys sending out, when interest is shown to have the part manufactured, then total silence....
I can't see that lending itself to encouraging further attempts at the investment in both time and money, to make parts.
Can you ????

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Joel and I wonder where I can buy a steering wheel with paddle shifters?

Getting the paddles is the easy part. Getting them to actuate things is what is difficult.

That said, I think this isn't exactly germane to this topic. You can PM me for some things I have found out as far as actuating gears via paddle shifter if you like.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I got my steering wheel badge from Fran Kress - but that was ages ago and I no longer have contact info…

Back