Gt50/52 - G50 tranny bits

Hi All,

i will be requiring some bits to complete my gt50/52 install, if anyone has any of what I need please get in touch :)

Is a ‘92 G50/52 box (some pre ‘89 bits are different).
I need:

Clutch fork
Release bearing
Slave cylinder
Starter motor
And anything else needed bar the clutch and flywheel.

Thanks,
Chris

Howard Jones

Supporter
Call California motorsports and talk to Rodger, When I did my SLC (G50-01 with 02 pieces as well) I told Rodger I wanted him to supply everything that I needed so that I could deal with only him as a vendor. The idea was to be sure everything worked together without problems from the first assembly. I got everything from the pilot-bearing housing/adapter/flywheel all the way to the output flanges to fit the CV joints I wanted to use. I also told him my estimated power and had him select my clutch to suit as well as my starter.

I told him I had an RCR supplied engine plate/mount and all he wanted to know was thickness. He was familiar with RCR products.

We built my gearbox strength to my horsepower output and them with enough to grow. I selected gear ratios, additional strengthening pieces, final drive ratio, and installed a Quaife type TBD.

This all worked out perfectly and everything went together perfectly on the first try. Even if you don't use them I would suggest you do the same with whoever you do use. Insist you buy everything from them even if it costs as little more.

I just called him last week to talk about another 100 hp motor and he took the time to look up my build sheet and spend the time to discuss this with me. As it turns out he was completely comfortable with my specs up to 600HP. I intend to send the GRBX back for a freshen and checkup next winter when I install the new motor. I will be going from 450HP to 550HP.

You can feel free to mention that I told you to call him. I'm Howard Jones. I have no commercial interest in California Motorsports. I am just a happy customer.

Last edited:
Call California motorsports and talk to Rodger, When I did my SLC (G50-01 with 02 pieces as well) I told Rodger I wanted him to supply everything that I needed so that I could deal with only him as a vendor. The idea was to be sure everything worked together without problems from the first assembly. I got everything from the pilot-bearing housing/adapter/flywheel all the way to the output flanges to fit the CV joints I wanted to use. I also told him my estimated power and had him select my clutch to suit as well as my starter.

I told him I had an RCR supplied engine plate/mount and all he wanted to know was thickness. He was familiar with RCR products.

We built my gearbox strength to my horsepower output and them with enough to grow. I selected gear ratios, additional strengthening pieces, final drive ratio, and installed a Quaife type TBD.

This all worked out perfectly and everything went together perfectly on the first try. Even if you don't use them I would suggest you do the same with whoever you do use. Insist you buy everything from them even if it costs as little more.

I just called him last week to talk about another 100 hp motor and he took the time to look up my build sheet and spend the time to discuss this with me. As it turns out he was completely comfortable with my specs up to 600HP. I intend to send the GRBX back for a freshen and checkup next winter when I install the new motor. I will be going from 450HP to 550HP.

You can feel free to mention that I told you to call him. I'm Howard Jones. I have no commercial interest in California Motorsports. I am just a happy customer.

I’ve spoken with Roger, he’s a very helpful chap. Went through the build sheet of box (of which he told me to stop thinking and just buy it as is a bargain haha) and we spoke about the Kennedy setup and which clutch would be best etc (am going twin plate).

They fully built the box a few years back (cryo/rem gears, shafts and r&p, billet forks, synchros, side plate, rear conversion and billet end plate, side shifter conversion). I’m going to be 600+ myself.

My ZF diff is set up at 80% which he says should be ok for the street but he mentioned is easy to take back to 40% which I think I may do. 80 may give me some interesting handling and understeer in the wet weather of the UK.

I have to admit it would be preferable to get bits from the UK as save on shipping and import etc.
I was looking today and Design911 seem to stock everything I need and a friend has a trade account with them - so may end up going that route.

Back