Guns

Today, I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in my doorway. I left 6 shells beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of our house. After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World. But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington, DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States. And all 4 are controlled by Democrats in City Hall.

It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data – right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
If you only knew how many times I've made virtually the same, identical points over the years you'd swear we are related.

Until a PERSON picks up a gun of any kind...loads it...aims it...and pulls the trigger, the gun will sit right where it was and rust away w/o ever having harmed a soul.

WHY is that concept/FACT sooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaaard for so many on the left to see, understand, and admit??????????

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:po:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not only on the left Larry, many applauded when John Howard a conservative right wing Prime Minister banned guns in Australia after some deranged person who had forgotten to take his medication blew 34 people away in Tasmania.
Now of course only law abiding citizens handed in their guns myself included. Gun crime and armed hold ups have increased in Oz since then. Gun death has decreased however because suicidal people are no longer shooting themselves .
More people are killed and maimed driving cars each week than are killed and maimed by guns. Logic tells me that cars should be banned also.

Last edited:
Logic Pete wassat?

Gun crime is the operative word here, guns used in a criminal way . In this country if you took the guns away from the criminals there would be zero crime so instead of governments beating down on gun ownership they should have a go at cleaning up the criminal underworld and removing these fashion statements from the ethnic minorities. I dont think someone that shoots themselves has committed a crime have they ? I thought that was called suicide.

Bob

Keith

Unfortunately Bob, under UK law, suicide is a crime.

As for the argument that "guns are harmless inanimate objects," I will have to answer: Balderdash!

There is no point in discussion. If I've learned one thing, it is that the gun lobby is totally intractable and thus any debate is pointless, as they all want to go around packing pieces until the Earth fails.

I just think of guns as metallic penis extensions.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Logic Pete wassat?

Gun crime is the operative word here, guns used in a criminal way . In this country if you took the guns away from the criminals there would be zero crime so instead of governments beating down on gun ownership they should have a go at cleaning up the criminal underworld and removing these fashion statements from the ethnic minorities. I dont think someone that shoots themselves has committed a crime have they ? I thought that was called suicide.

Bob

Unfortunately Bob, under UK law, suicide is a crime.

As for the argument that "guns are harmless inanimate objects," I will have to answer: Balderdash!

There is no point in discussion. If I've learned one thing, it is that the gun lobby is totally intractable and thus any debate is pointless, as they all want to go around packing pieces until the Earth fails.

I just think of guns as metallic penis extensions.

Guys, you have to remember criminals will always, always, ALWAYS find a way to get guns. Always. They always HAVE, they always WILL. It doesn't matter HOW MANY "gun laws/gun bans" this or that 'gubmunt' may pass. So, whenever any country's govt BANS guns, it's a lead-pipe-cinch only the crooks and loons in that country will have them - law-abiding people won't - and gun CRIME will go up in that country. As Pete pointed out, that is just what's happened "down under". Deny it all you want, that is what happens.

Here in the U.S., we have a constitutional right to "keep and bear" arms (Second Amendment). Supposedly - SUPPOSEDLY - the govt "shall pass NO law infringing" on that right. Supposedly. And yet 99% of the gun laws on the books in this country do exactly that. How that's been allowed to happen has always been a complete mystery to me...as well as just how the SUPREME COURT has allowed so many of them to stand. What part of "NO LAW INFRINGING" do these people NOT understand???

It's too early in the morning for this...

Howard Jones

Supporter
Keith, Now if my dick only works as well as my 870 Remington ...................... then I'll have the end of the world well in hand. Till the end baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al and Bob................They wouldn't be satisfied if we agreed to ban everything..........Because then they would want to ban US!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ban bicycles! Actually Al, thinking of your spoons I think my weight problem is caused by wine glasses. I'll have to have a long hard look at them.

Keith

Now you are being a silly billy Pete. Even 5 year old would know that your attempt to correlate guns with everyday objects and practices a little spurious to say the least....

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

The 'Huffy Post'!!! Now, THERE'S an unbiased, totally agendaless outfit if there ever was one! You couldn't have found a source that's any further left. If that outfit told me it was raining, I'd have to walk outside and check before I'd believe 'em.

Dan Ehrlich is a faaar lefty. 'An anti-gun, pro climate change, 'blame-America-first' zealot IMHO. Believe anything he says at your own risk.

He spouts 'facts'/figures/percentages left-and-right in this article w/o telling us from whence most of them came. Somewhere in all those stats must be the number of deaths/injuries that resulted from the lawful use of guns in self defense - but, we know not where to find 'em or how many there are, do we.

And then there's this gem: "What to do about it (gun deaths/violence)? Look to London, as an example, where yobs mainly knife, not shoot, people." Really! Well then, why isn't he calling for gubmunt to BAN KNIVES as well? I guess it's because one isn't killed quite as dead with knives. For that matter, why isn't he calling for a ban on motor vehicle ownership? After all, he states: "Firearm injury in the United States averaged 32,300 deaths annually between 1980 and 2006 (God only knows from whence that stat came). It's the SECOND leading cause of death from injury after motor vehicle crashes." (Evidently he should be calling for a ban on bicycles, too, for much the same reason!)

Again I'm reminded here of the line uttered by Archie Bunker in the T.V. series "All in the Family", where, in response to an 'Ehrlichesque' anti-gun tirade by his daugher Gloria (who was also spouting gun death stats) said: "Would yuz feel better lil' goil if dey wuz tossed outta winduhz?"

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ban bicycles! Actually Al, thinking of your spoons I think my weight problem is caused by wine glasses. I'll have to have a long hard look at them.

'Better have a "hard look" at your hands, too. They're to blame for depositing the contents of the glasses into your kisser! :lipsrsealed:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ok Larry you were not supposed to read the whole thing :)
Lets look at all the stats re weapons used to kill. , Murder Victims, by Weapons Used | Infoplease.com
Knife crime in the US is down roughly 20% but gun crime is up 10% since the sixties, long live the baseball bat:laugh:

bob

"There are lies, damned lies...and statistics." - Mark Twain

Oh - 'better ban baseball bats, too...an' 'them there' bows and arrows...an' golf clubs...an'...!

Last edited:
Back