Has any one looked at or used MiMod HP system?

Michael Fling

Supporter
Fran,

I understand that Dash Commander has been working to develop a unit specific for the SLC. I am interested in adding it to my build. Can you clarify if the Vintage Air can be controlled by it?

Guys,
it cannot control the stock SLC system, this has been covered in this thread previously.
Troy and I spoke yesterday but he never asked or mentioned anything related to the AC.

Guys,
it cannot control the stock SLC system, this has been covered in this thread previously.
Troy and I spoke yesterday but he never asked or mentioned anything related to the AC.

Thanks Fran, that's what I need to here! I know that there has been mention on this thread previously about the MiMod not being able to control the V.A GEN III but would operate the Gen IV & V. The problem is, I didn't know what Generation V.A I received!

Thanks again; now I know what I have to do.
Jim

The mini slim AC unit only has a on / off and fan speed selector, there are no servos, the Dash Commander should do those functions.

I'd want a bluetooth feature for me to consider buying this. I cant believe that it seems to have most everything else you could want in a car display system, but it has no bluetooth connectivity/capability. :stunned: That seems so standard with today's interactive automotive technology... :huh:

Oh, I didn't see that functionality mentioned on their web site. I must not have looked very closely... One you install your setup, please let us know how you like it :thumbsup:

Seems To be some problems with the Dash commander company I haven't been able to contact Troy or the company so I have pulled out from using this system. Has anyone found anything close to the Mimod or Dash commander ? I have chatted with Jay at ISIS they have a interface with the Kenwood DNN990HD but the head unit is to big for the SL-C could work if the face plate could be removed from the rest of the unit but am hoping for a better / easier idea.
Cheers,
Grant

Seems To be some problems with the Dash commander company I haven't been able to contact Troy or the company so I have pulled out from using this system. Has anyone found anything close to the Mimod or Dash commander ? I have chatted with Jay at ISIS they have a interface with the Kenwood DNN990HD but the head unit is to big for the SL-C could work if the face plate could be removed from the rest of the unit but am hoping for a better / easier idea.
Cheers,
Grant

As said in post 21, I'm using a tablet driving a small 1-DIN headunit hidden in the car. The tablet has a great interface, is thin, and has nav, music, internet connectivity, etc. Using BT for OBD2 data, but not for critical gauges like the tach (the Koso is great for that).

I'm getting close to getting it all connected...

Hi Will
I liked what you had to say in that post, I am just not up on the tech stuff to your level, Im still learning how to use my Iphone lol. So if you have a system that works, I am all ears. Jay at ISIS said the Touch net will work with the tablets but a rear view camera can't be used with them so far as I know. I am looking in to the Nexus 7 to see if a external camera can be used with it but yes please keep us posted.
Cheers,

Back