Hello from Austin, Tx

Looking to meet other members in central Texas area. I am a long time Pantera owner & fairly recent GT40 owner. I have ERA GT40 1075 wide body #2038 & GTD GT40 MK1b Essex Wire soon to be #59 Livery. Hope to meet other GT40/Pantera owners in & around Austin area for fun & tech talk. Gregg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Thanks, I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. I'm also wanting to build a correct Gurney Eagle motor for my ERA 2038, so I will welcome any help getting all correct parts together. I tried to post more pics of 2038. Do I need to upgrade my account to be able to post multiple pictures at a time? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 258

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Glad you joined Gregg. Happy to see a fellow Texan on board.
You should come to San Marcos March 27th thru 29th to talk cars with a lot of fellow car nuts.
Don

Thanks Don, I probably will come down to that. Tomorrow at the Oasis at lake Travis they are having a big car show from 8:00am till 12:00 noon. There is supposed to be a film crew out there filming for some show. I'll be out there & am taking one of my Pantera's. Both my GT40's are still being detailed & the BRM magnesium wheels on my ERA need more work. G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 291
Wanted to post another pic of my GTD in Essex Wire colors. want to complete the livery & trying to decide between the 1010 #5 Gregory/Whitmore car or 1038 #59 Revson/Scott car. Was going to do #5 car, but my my black headlight area matches #59 more closely, so can't decide now. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Greg, welcome,

Beautiful cars,

Tell me about those rear wheels/tires, they appar to have a very deep offset, I really like the look. What tires are you running?

The ERA wide body has original 1969/70 BRM Magnesium Knock Off wheels...15x13 345/35ZR15 rears & 15x10 255/45ZR15 fronts.. Avon tires.

Re: Hello from beautiful Alexandria La.

Hello to everyone involved with this web site. I have been cruzin this site for awhile now learning more about the SLC life style and hobby. I'm going to make the trip to RCR in April to put my eyes on an SLC and my butt in a seat. I have enjoyed watching the builds and look forward to posting info when I start building my own SLC. As time rolls on I will have a lot of questions and comments that I hope will help other builders. I'm a old motocrosser to beat up to ride anymore and I love a good project. I started out in Karts and then moved to motocross in my teens. I love that sport, but my body is paying for it now. So its back to four wheels. NOLA Motorsports Park has a great facility with a country club atmosphere! A really great bunch of folks down in New Orleans just three hours away. What my plan is, is to build the car and drive it back and forth to make some track days at NOLA. Does that itself sound like a good idea? So let the questions start. I look forward to comments and advise for all of you.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'm the blue one.

Attachments

• P1010342.jpg
    P1010342.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 260
  • P1010336.jpg
    P1010336.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 245
  • P1010337.jpg
    P1010337.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 236
The tires on picture #7 say avs, which i thought are yokohama AVS brand. Just a thought, anyway really nice car. Still hope to get one some day. Brian

Thanks Howard for those other pics. How long ago were they taken? The headlight areas are now black & different mirrors. I am planning to complete the livery of the #59 Essex Wire car of Revson/Scott. I'm still looking for the nose American Flag decal in shape of shield if anyone can help with that. Eventually going to swap motor too, want a 1965 casting 289 HiPo block. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 236

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Lots of great Texas people, Kirby Schrader lives in Houston, a couple hours away, hes into panteras and gt40s. If you venture north and out of TX look me up in AR, we have Ozark mountains roads.

Thanks Jack. PM me & I'll give you my # to call me. I also wanted to correct my last post that the tires on my ERA GT40 are Yokohama, not Avon's. I have Avos's on one of my Panteta's why I got mixed up. Here's a pic of the rear

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 229
Back