Help identifying a transaxle

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The spider on Todd's car does not appear to be any different from the one on my RCR.
Although the RCR has the windshield wiper boss on the right side for RHD (I have since modified for LHD).. The width of the A-pillar also seems very close if not identical.

I have no idea what the dashboard came from.. Like nothing I've ever seen in a GT40 before.. Maybe the same van as the Transaxle?

Pat

Supporter
It looks like the battery is mounted in the passenger sill. That's pretty unusual for a GT40 chassis of any type.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It was in a Van Scott... A couple more posts down from the one you quoted.

Todd:
My first choice for gearbox would probably be a ZF, but looking at current prices I think at this point I would go with a Renault box. Some good ratios available and relatively strong gearbox that does not break the bank.
I don't know what your intention is for the car but I can tell you that with a small block and relatively mild tune (300 to 350 hp) these cars perform very well, and you don't need much to have a good runner. The only thing I can say from experience is that I would always choose a decent final drive that suited a V-8 powerplant like 2.8 or 3.0 with overdrive for some nice highway cruising. My ZF is a 4.22 final with .71 on 5 th and its about right.
Good luck...Nice project
Phil

Back