Hi - Another newbie in Essex UK

Hi everyone, I'm another one who has been on this site for a while but it is only now that I'm able to really start on my dream car.
It is a KVA (early chassis) with MK3 bodywork which I purchased as a non-runner a few years ago, but like all things a move of house and lots of decorating meant I couldn't start work on her. But things move on and I've now 90% finished my new garage and can start to look at working on my dream.
The car was knocking out clutches when I bought her, and due to this was sold as a non runner, but having looked at the history it wass quite obvious what was wrong, originally being built with a 3ltr essex lump and an audi gearbox out in South Africa was fine, but the guy who had it before me decided to drop a 302 lump in - withought alinging the gearbox or even having a centre bearing for the shaft! This has now been sorted, but I still need to rebuild the rear bulkhead and check everything else out - I feel a major strip down will be required. Attached are a couple of pics of when she was on the road a few years ago and my other pride and joy, my Pilgrim Sumo running a 2.9 V6 cossy lump, taken at Le Mans on the Indianapolis bend a few years ago.

Attachments

• DSC01190.JPG
    DSC01190.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC01192.JPG
    DSC01192.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 448
  • DSC012821.JPG
    DSC012821.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 501
Richard,
Good to hear fromyou again! When are we going to actually meet up? I am now back working at Dunton, so just down the road again.

Brett

May have to arrange just after Christmas - I'm travelling alot for work over the next three weeks, and what with Christmas! but I'll see what I can arrange for then.

Hi Richard,

Another Essex owner here, currently working (slowly) on a GTD. I'm in Upminster along with another '40 owner somewhere local who has a Tornado.

Simon

hi richard,
Theres another 2 of us, im in hockley and my friend mike is in colchester and both
of us are building a RCR 40.

regards

ricky

Hi Richard,

That's a nice looking MKIII. I hope that your start a thread for us (pics pics pics) as you work through the rebuild.

Mark

Back