Hi from South Australia

Hi there

I have restored a few classic cars in my "long" life (Jaguar Mk2, Triumph TR4 and Alfa Montreal) but I realise that I have had enough of rust repairs, paint stripping, etc., so I have now decided to commence a GT40 build. I have negotiated with the Roaring Forties factory in Mlebourne and hope to take delivery in about 8 weeks time. My workshop has been cleaned and reorganised so I am rearing to go!

I play the saxophone in my "spare" time but this will probably be eroded by the GT40 build time requirement. I hope to complete the build in 2 years - is this possible do you think?????

Cheers and watch this space!!!!!

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bill

Welcome to the madness.

It all depends on how motivated you are and if you have the funds available as and when you need the required parts.

As soon as I ordered my DRB chassis I started sourcing the parts and when the chassis arrived I was able to begin building immediately and had mine finished in 12 months.

It could have been sooner but some of the parts not arriving held me up.

Best of luck.
Dimi.

Hi Bill,

I'm hoping to do the same thing with RF in the next 1-2 years, so I'll be keenly interested to see how you get along with your project!!

Cheers,

Darren.

Looks like an all OZI welcome Bill.

Good luck, if you want to do it a year Dimi will come over and give you a hand.

Dimi I was almost going to ring you on Sunday to take you for a run In my car, you know almost like a date.

Jim

Last edited:
Looks like an all OZI welcome Bill.

Thanks for the welcome fellow Aussies. I will start a build log as soon as I get the kit but in the meantime I thought a few photos of where it will all happen might be in order. As you can see, I have the space and the tools - all I need now is a kit!

Cheers...

Attachments

• P1000769.JPG
    P1000769.JPG
    514.1 KB · Views: 319
  • P1000770.JPG
    P1000770.JPG
    518.5 KB · Views: 333
  • P1000771.JPG
    P1000771.JPG
    495.5 KB · Views: 271
  • P1000772.JPG
    P1000772.JPG
    505.5 KB · Views: 292
  • P1000773.JPG
    P1000773.JPG
    485.9 KB · Views: 268
Hi bill, welcome, what I've noticed about this forum is that it's full of helpful people so no doubt the build would be possible in 1 year. My input would be decide what level you want to build to first otherwise you'll waste to much money swapping/changing. Hope all goes well. Joe

Back