How Many RF Owners/Builders/Buyers Are There?

Well, I can finally add myself to the growing list of RF 40's owners. I purchased Ron Earp's car just before Christmas and it was delivered on 1-3-05. I'm now just sorting out what I have and what needs to be done to finish the car. As you all know Ron did the "hard part" already, and the work he did is superb. I should thank Hershal also, as Ron said that he helped with the body. There is still quite a bit left to do but I can't wait to become famillier with the car and get started.

This is my first Ford project so I have some catching up to do, but that is part of the challange...anyway I look forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing building experiences.

Dan.

Peter,

I'm on the west coast in Englewood. I grew up in your neck of the woods in Ft Lauderdale and my mom lived in Plantation until a few years ago.

Dan.

Dan,

I live in Plantation now and have done so for the last 19 years. I do get over to the west coast fairly often so when you are ready I would like to take a look at the car.

Peter

One MARK I track car Blue, 331 stroker, turnkey
One MARK ll 427 FE, ZF grearbox, AP brake system,
under construction

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
RF #129 (turnkey) will be in my garage by Q1 2006. I can't wait! The real question is, do I buy another lift or make my wife park the minivan outside? (I guess I already know the right answer)

Regards,

Al H.
Chicago, IL

Hi Alex,
Welcome to the forum. A better bunch of guys you won't find anywhere else to hang with. They really are a helpful bunch about all things GT40.
I'm sure you and the Mrs will come to an agreement on the mini van thing.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I've got a new number now, #121 that should be showing up around Christmas if all goes well. I figure about 50 to 75 hours for engine install, trans install, fire system, run in, engine adjustment, and going over bits and pieces such as brakes, etc. and I hope to fire that thing up!!!!!

I placed the order/sent deposit last week. I'm told by Hersh's wife that my chassis # is 136. She replied to my msg since Hersh was apparently on his way to Australia. As for delivery - who knows, but the anxiety/anticipation is fantastic!

Fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I'd like to get some wider rear boots on it but otherwise it's great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
There's a short video of it (temporarily) at This page .
It shows the car from my factory visit to it's first track test. It needs the volume turned up to get the full effect.

Tim.

Back