how old were you when you got your first GT40?

how old were you when you got your 1st GT40

• 30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s

• 50s

• 60+

• prefer not to disclose

• Total voters
What about a teenage owner too!!

Is this when you bought the chassis (or RF box, or whatever) or had it on the road. I know someone who was a callow youth when they bought the chassis and is now pushing 50 with it 'nearly' finished /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

How about how old were you when you got your first ride in a GT40?

In my case I was ~5 years-old. I don't remember the chassis number but it was a road car. I saw it again in 1994 at the Elk Hart Lake Reunion. By then it had been converted to a race car, but it still had the F-O-R-D letters on the nose.

still do not have any..also cause in italy people dunno anything about the 40...i just know i am sure I'll live to have one...also eating bread and onion every fu++++g day:)))...i will i will i will,against all and against rich puppies on Boxsters.
And Uk is not so far from italy....ehehe

Paul

hihih...the only think i know is that i deeply want that car,and here almost no one has a replica so nice as all yours(at least u never never see any of these running around the streets.)I saw here Enzos...Carrera GT and SLRs...but never never my loved one.Never.
And in my opinion is even nicer than all the new ones, seems people really does not anything about the gt40,and 4 me is incredible this.

I only know....i am saving money for a complete one,Alan KWA was perfect,unlucky 4 me i didnt have enough money for that now..:((.

Paul

I was 11 when my father and his partner bought #1060. The rides to school were off the charts. (1968)

[ QUOTE ]
..also cause in italy people dunno anything about the 40..

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that it’s a collectively repressed memory caused by the trauma of being beaten. No I'm not talking about Italians being beaten as children; I'm talking about the Ferraris being beaten by the GT40s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can't you just see some middle aged Italian dude in a "red" shirt on a sofa, paying about million lira an hour to a shrink, then bursting out in tears when they uncover the buried memories of the past.

Back