I'll just leave this right here...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
He'd have been faaaaar better off if there had been a Superlite SL-C "kit" sitting where that car is in the 1st place!

'Wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn he's selling the Porsche project in order to fund/make that very swap! ;) :D

Howard Jones

Supporter
IMHO it goes off track with the two engine thing. Clearly there has been a lot of work put into the chassis and even the bodywork for that matter.

What would get me to jump? Just the chassis and body for $5k and wouldn't want the pwr train.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Interesting car... Having worked on a freight-train dragster back in the early seventies, I can appreciate some of the challenges faced. This is a viable way to come up with 12 productive cylinders - but at a 16 cylinder length.. Still, there must be an isolator at the crankshaft connection points and know that the rear engine will need frequent main bearing inspections.

. . . This is a viable way to come up with 12 productive cylinders - but at a 16 cylinder length.. Still, there must be an isolator at the crankshaft connection points and know that the rear engine will need frequent main bearing inspections.
Interesting details, Randy. Please, especially about the isolator and the main bearing inspections, would you expand on putting two engines together to make one? And what are the reasons for the things that are done?

Thanks a bunch! :)

I've often thought about what it would be like to mate up two EZ30 engines together. Would be a relatively lightweight flat 12 with variable valve timing, and would be good for around 500HP or more.

Before I started my build, one of my friends and mechanic has in interest in Subaru engines and wanted to put a turbo EZ30 in it.

Back