In US 09 Sep

Hey guys,
Will land in LA on 09 September driving through to Vegas etc etc. would like to get a few travel tips if any one can help or even a beer.

Mick

1. Peterson automobile museum in LA is pretty good.
2. go find Route 66 and drive a few miles.
3. find a flat straight piece of desert road between LA and Vegas and max out you rental car for a bit of fun.
4. drive south of LA and get on the coast road just south of Camp Pendleton - stop in LaJolla and be a lookyloo at Symbolic Motors (but don't buy anything).

Just a few ideas....

Chris Kouba

Supporter
You won't be far from Hoover Dam and Lake Mead once in Vegas. You should go on a dam tour, it's pretty dam interesting. On the west side of town is Red Rocks- worth a drive by, they're pretty.

I can't help you much with entertainment actually IN either LA or Vegas as neither of them are really my kind of place. I would strongly advocate for a trip through the Peterson Automotive Museum though. That was the one thing I remember being impressed with in that town.

There are a few other museums as well but their names escape me. Some of the locals I'm sure will have much better advice/recommendations.

There's always Shelby's place out near the Las Vegas Speedway, Nellis AFB - home of the Thunderbirds...

Back