It's about time

I've only been a member here since November. Here's my story.
After FFR GTM blasted by me on I-95 last year, I started my search. I was set on the GTM until I stumbled upon this forum and followed the RCR SLC builds. Suddenly the GTM was a thing of the past. I began communicating witha couple of SLC guys Jack, Cam and Fran. Then took a trip up to RCR in early March. Fran gave me free reign of the shop and I was free to talk to whom I wanted and ask whatever I wanted. After the better part of a day, I headed home with a thinner wallet. I didn't waste anytime prepping for this build. I purchased a LS 376/480, Ricardo, clutch, starter...Vicki shipped the adapter plate so I could mate both and I completed the mods to the intake, water pump etc. Fran called and offered me the yellow body with new rear tail, and although tempting I held out for white. I am hoping the center lock hubs and wheels will be ready for delivery. I like the new rear tail although some body mods are anticipated.
I have built several cars and custom motorcycles over the years including a Contemporary Cobra with an original 427 side oiler and top loader four spd. back in the early 80's. I participated in SCCA (EP, GT1 and SPO) then IMSA (all four classes but mostly GTU) and HSR. All Porsches. I sold all cars in 2002. My fabrication skills need refreshing and this SLC is the perfect project.
I feel like I know almost everyone on this forum especially the SLC guys and I'm anxious to start communicating and sharing knowledge, ideas and everyone's expertise. This was supposed to be a short intro but at least you all know a bit about me.

Wayne,

Official Welcome: Glad to hear that you've decided on the SLC!

It sounds like you're off and running on the project already. All of the SLC group are very skilled (present company excluded) and helpful along the way.

Plenty of photos of the new car when it arrives are needed!

Doc

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wayne - Welcome to the family!!!! :)

I look forward to your build thread!!!

Hi Wayne,
See you finally decided to post an intro! Enjoy!!!!!
Very happy to have you in the SL-C "community".
See you soon....

Jack

Wayne,

Thanks for letting me stop by and see your SLC. It was great meeting you and picking up some tips for my build.

Back