J-CAR

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, I hardly think what Bill (I think) said warrants the type of response alluding to him committing a crime and being subject to damages. It is an opinion, not a statement of fact and should not be treated as such.

Hello,

They are many wrong informations in the David Hodges's book, I don't think it could be considered as a "reference".

Many other cars were "damaged" by this publication.

All the best.

Keith

Let's get this right now. Jim is suggesting that Bill is intimating that someone (else) is speculating and Jim is then alluding to Bill being in a glass house and that he without sin cast the first stone and that the inference is that all that glisters is not gold? I think I get it. I have a headache now.

Ron

I wish you were correct...but I'm afraid in the US
you can be sued for stating an opinion if someone
believes that opinion is false and caused damages.
Whether you prevail in court or not frequently
is determined by the quality ($$$) of your counsel.
God bless the US legal profession.

MikeD

Ron Earp

Admin
MikeDD, I don't think anyone came out and said anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't figure it out. I'm confused now. Someone has to prove damages from this statement, which I would think highly unlikely. At any rate threatening to sue someone is not how I'd like for us to go around investigating issues and discussing things. Last time this happened the people threating to sue got kicked and that seemed to help the issue.

Another note in regard to the Honker II. The Holman-Moody auction that was held at the airport location in the early 80's did in fact have several GT40 parts, some NASCAR items, lots of machine tools, the engine dyno system, AND TWO LARGE WOOD CRATES OF HONKER II MOLDS. The boxes had Alan Mann references written on them, and were stuffed with shredded cardboard packing along with all of the Honker II molds. I do not remember the buyer of the boxes. But they did auction off.

The rise and fall of what was the original Holman and Moody is documented in the very nice book by Tom Cotter and Al Pearce. Includes quite a few GT40 pictures and is well worth a read. John Holman died in 1975. The company went from a handful of employees to several hundred employees to a handful. The company had several large sales in the late 70's and early 80's. Lee Holman has been keeping the company going and doing well carrying on the H&M name, etc.

That may be...but considering the huge business NASCAR
teams have become today, I'd say H & M is no longer a player. I'll have to pick up a copy to see their explanation....if one is included.

MikeD

Hopefully I am putting this discussion to bed. The J9-10 discussion with all of it's different stories is more of a curriosity to me than anything else. With the discrepancies in writing and other stories I have heard over the past 15 years I brought up what I thought were legitimate questions regarding those chassis'.
Regarding our car, the first question people ask when they see it is" what munber is it"? our response is J1. If the person does not know much about these cars they take it at face value and that's it. If they know about the Jcar it always starts an interesting discussion which ends up with us telling how we bought the original castings, spindles, wheels and a few other bits from Rick Nagel. We are the only people to have built one of these cars which supposedly would or could never be built. That to me is worth a lot more than trying to make some absurd claim that I own J1.
Bill

Back