Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

Maybe give AFR a call and see if they have any drawings or other info that would help…
Thanks Randy, I just hung up with them, he laughed, he gets several of these call about this topic a week. The whole port is moved up 1/8"

I have a set of flanges from Stainless Works that are correct. I'm just going to start over and build a new set with these flanges. "standard" (if there is such a thing on a Ford LOL) flange is 1 3/4 top to bottom with the mounting holes offset. 1" down and 3/4" up

The Air Flow Rearch heads the port is centered between thebolt holes. 7/8" up 7/8" down.

Never a dull moment in the wonderful world of Ford preformance. Note to self, check with customer if he is using AFR heads BEFORE you build his headers

Thanks guys

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20221010_103424499.jpg
    IMG_20221010_103424499.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 125

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
glad to hear it's not a big deal Chris. My Dart Pro1 heads also had a raised exhaust port and I was able to "convince" the tubes that they should fit into the collectors. My headers were supplied by RCR. Ratchet straps, anti-seize, squinting at it with my good eye and holding my tongue just right - I was able to get it all assembled. I only brought it up here because I didn't know what your tolerances might be and hated to think your headers would not fit correctly (they look great, by the way)...

My last update pics from Chris,car is waiting for transport to pick up. Added another lift in my garage for it.i cannot wait to finally build this animal lol. Shout out to Active performance for literally making this whole process headache&stress free.communication was instant whole time and weekly update pics,cant ask for better services than this.
410BD067-4B2F-4167-9381-90AC41C891F9.jpeg
C4E3852A-D60A-4612-B64A-ABBA4BD94379.jpeg
D23C8368-AD94-462E-854F-E6827178F27D.jpeg
5B285A5E-6833-4217-BDA2-8EDFBD800848.jpeg
5C50CC8A-2C46-412F-82EC-B07B9267BD4A.jpeg

I put a deposit down about a month ago. Chris is sourcing the 977 transaxle for me and I will probably have Prestige build me another 363. Who are you using for transport and how far is the trip going to be?

I put a deposit down about a month ago. Chris is sourcing the 977 transaxle for me and I will probably have Prestige build me another 363. Who are you using for transport and how far is the trip going to be?
Awesome congrats. Im using easyauto ship as they Have great reviews. Im in long island NY so its about 8hr away.

2 snorkel hood. I did the same. And looks like we both also have a early C3.

I have a '71 with a 383 and an 8 stack and 4 speed.

Devin

Supporter
That is a fast mock up! How is the angle between the diff output to the rear upright?
David

What’s it suppose to be? The google manual has continuous max angles around 25 degrees but hoping others here have better experience/info. Of course a bit of negative camber will add to that angle out of the transaxle too.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
It could just be an optical illusion of the way the picture was taken I just was noting. I know a lot of vintage formula cars seem to run a slight angle.

Back