Ken's SLC build thread

Ken Roberts

Supporter
My invoice only describes them as ABS rings. There is no actual part number. Just mention they are for the rear axles Mike.

Doc, Ken - Thanks for the quick response.

This will absolutely solve my off gas stalling issue. It's been semi solved with the magnetic pickup I'm using now but an increased trigger count will put this issue to bed. - Mike

Hi Ken,

New the forum, we are also using the Corvette powerplants in our cars (Savage Rivale) can I contact you regarding the wiring of the keyless entry and the BCM and so on?

Much apreciated,

Emile Pop

Savage Rivale Roadyacht GTS

Btw hat off for your clean and thorough build off!

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'm on holidays now for a month so hopefully I can get the wiring completed.

Here is a picture of the Racelogic traction control box mounted to the center spine. All of the cars low current/sensor wiring runs along the center spine. The High current battery feed and ground wires will be the only wiring run along the outside of the frame on the drivers side.

Attachments

• 002_zpsd82473e1.jpg
    002_zpsd82473e1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'm getting ready to finish the wiring and need to mock up the media player, fuel pressure gauge and rampro lift switch. Here is where I'd like to mount it. The tubing is just used to hold it up in place temporarily. It will be bolted up in place tomorrow. Please critique my idea before I commit to final assembly.

If you are using the optional door crash bars than this will not work. Also if you are heavier and have thick legs it might not be advisable.

Attachments

• 002_zps3c1f1282.jpg
    002_zps3c1f1282.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 013_zpsaf415655.jpg
    013_zpsaf415655.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
I would be concerned that you will be banging your knee on that at egress. Sorry, I think that location will be a serious pain.

I too think that will be a bad location - my rear view camera is around the same area, but more angled, and I find it a SOB and keep whacking it. If I'd have it positioned like that i'd have destroyed it by now

Howard Jones

Supporter
That looks like it would take your knee cap right off in a shunt. I would move all that stuff up onto the dash board. You look like you are making extensive changes to it anyway, what's one more.

Thanks for all the comments. I've abandoned that idea now. Probably not the safest area to use.

Ken - good move. I can tell you that you need that area to swing your legs-feet when you get in and out.

I think you're going to be happy with the RaceLogic TC. Did you also get the digital adjuster.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I have made a mock up of the passenger foot rest. Holes will be drilled in it too lighten it up and give it that custom look. Now to order the aluminum from "online metals". It will bolt in place from underneath the floor.

Attachments

• 001_zpscfbb3c46.jpg
    001_zpscfbb3c46.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I cut out an area in the front of the dash for the Corvette A/C module. The module will control when to disengage the a/c under full throttle or maximum rpm so it doesn't throw the belt or damage the sanden compressor. It will also turn on the cooling fan when appropriate. Unfortunately it will only work in "manual mode" as I was unable to install all of the needed items.

Attachments

• 007_zpsdbd3ba5d.jpg
    007_zpsdbd3ba5d.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I finally finished the wiring of the home made fuse panel and Corvette body control module.

Attachments

• 009_zpsmygxaa48.jpg
    009_zpsmygxaa48.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 010_zpsbb1c4b94.jpg
    010_zpsbb1c4b94.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
It looks like I won't be putting in a stereo after all. I'm just not happy with where to mount the head unit. The amplifier can easily fit directly below the dash but the head unit looks too awkward where ever I try to mount it. I want to keep the area to the right of the dash as simple as possible. The only items going in that location are the a/c vents. Here is a picture of one of the Audi TT vents installed in a tube. They are rather large and I might not be able to make them look good. I'm always up for the challenge though. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 014_zps1e363e39.jpg
    014_zps1e363e39.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
It looks like I won't be putting in a stereo after all

No way! I was waiting to see it all together. Why don't you just kill the head unit? You could use a car PC, mp3, ipod, etc...I'm using a permanently installed iPhone for my radio/nav. JL sells a nice interface/preamp module with volume controls. I'll probably put in a DAC too just to clean up the audio.

Man...I'd be bummed if I dropped the radio.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I took the body off the chassis hopefully for the last time. I made a stand for it located over top of my Corvette rolling chassis.

Attachments

• 003_zpsaed4c5b2.jpg
    003_zpsaed4c5b2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
No way! I was waiting to see it all together. Why don't you just kill the head unit? You could use a car PC, mp3, ipod, etc...I'm using a permanently installed iPhone for my radio/nav. JL sells a nice interface/preamp module with volume controls. I'll probably put in a DAC too just to clean up the audio.

Man...I'd be bummed if I dropped the radio.

Yos are you saying I can simply use a ipod for my music and a interface/preamp module and then to my outboard amp? Can you give me a link to such an interface? :idea:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Ken - good move. I can tell you that you need that area to swing your legs-feet when you get in and out.

I think you're going to be happy with the RaceLogic TC. Did you also get the digital adjuster.

Sorry I missed this question Mike. I didn't use a digital adjuster. I mounted the control for it in the center console.

Attachments

• 006_zpsciyn16fx.jpg
    006_zpsciyn16fx.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Back