KVA Type C Mk1 Build Log 943motorsport.

yip

Thanks for that , sides did bulge a bit, had one pin hole in each tank, one at the end of a weld where i cleaned the tip and the other at a corner which seemed to have a bit of contamination, ground it out then re welded and seemed fine. fitted now so one step further on, still not had the courage to start engine for the first time but will need to bite the bullet soon, just need to get all my gauges working before i do it.

Cheers

Tanks in situ. still got some tidying up to do though.

Attachments

• fuel tanks in situ.jpg
    fuel tanks in situ.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 528
Robin, you have been doing some hard work on the old girl, looking really good, well done. Best of luck with the engine start up, always a decisive moment, and pretty scary.

Thanks Murray. Its getting there. Engine up and running. sounds superb. Taken a lot longer than expected but had a couple of prolonged holdup with other commitments and a change of job but started on it a couple of months ago and need to finish for March as have to build a horsebox for the start of the season. Changed over to electronic mappable ignition and a variable speed electric water pump so changes to wiring loom were interesting. Engine has had a complete strip down and rebuild with different cam etc etc.

Will drop you a post when it is finished if you are up this way anytime.

Hope all is well

Cheers

Well think this is possibly my 4th version , Think I will stick with this, rough fit at the moment and panels to clean up but think it will be ok. can remove the front panel to access the filler hose and this is also sealed from the interior so hopefully ok for the IVA

Attachments

• 20131107_203753_resized.jpg
    20131107_203753_resized.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 403
:laugh: Robin, sounds awesome!! Good job, what sort of power are you looking at from the engine, and when do you expect to be finished for IVA?
A Happy New Year to you and yours, all the best for 2014.

KVA Type C Mk1 Build Log 943motorsport
so after about 7 years of build inactivity I am looking to try And progress . Started this 10 years ago and personal situation changed. Now married 2 young kids and just finished building a new house and garage. Car has been tucked away in my garage since then. Old email address was no longer supported so re registered on this site under this user name. This is where I am looking to find out if there is anyone up in Scotland or northern England that has previously had Experience of building a KVA or similar. Car has been running but struggling with time and experience to try and sort out the body panel fit etc. Potentially looking for someone who has more time on there hands and would be interested, in exchanged for a suitable fee, working Through the bodywork fitting challenges. Anyone out there got more free time than me and looking for a challenge but without the financial outlay?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome back Robin. If you wish, we moderators can hook you up with your old ID. I will send you a PM..

Back